Join National Heritage Academies (NHA) as a Project Manager. This position will report directly to Program Manager and will be responsible for the careful and successful handling of projects from concept to delivery. The ideal candidate for this role must be a self starter who possess the traditional skills of project management including the ability to: manage tasks, manage timelines and budgets; set priorities; monitor and escalate issues; problem solve; and monitor and report on progress. The individual in this role who will be most successful is eager to learn and asks smart questions, enjoys creative brainstorming and problem solving, enjoys working with teams, quickly builds positive relationships, and likes to tackle new challenges.
NHA is a charter school management company that operates 80+ schools in 9 states. We are committed to our mission of “challenging each child to achieve…” and we pride ourselves on our students' ability to achieve high results in later education based on the foundations gained in grades K-8 at NHA.
In this role you will work out of our corporate headquarters (Service Center) located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The NHA Service Center is where all the behind-the-scenes magic happens. Our 400 brilliant team members are brag-worthy. With a diverse group of departments like admissions, talent acquisition, facilities, legal services, and many more working together to provide top level back-office support. The Service Center is a place of bright colors, smiling faces, and opportunity. We like to gather for events such as the fall crocktoberfest cook-off, the sparkling holiday party full of fun and unexplainable excitement, and our annual 5K Service Center fun run.
- Support and manage approved IT projects ranging in duration from 2 months to 2 years
- Additional coordination for projects like our annual “Tech Boost” for selected schools
- Support and maintain our project/portfolio management tool called Workfront as the administrator ensuring optimal use for the teams using the system
- Think creatively and brainstorm new solutions and approaches to project challenges
- Self start and develop direction under new circumstances or projects
- Coordinate project activities, monitor and track project progress, monitor project expenses
- Create and maintain comprehensive project plans and reporting
- Assist with issue identification, tracking and resolution
- Regularly communicate status to project stakeholders
- Collaborate with teammates and quickly build positive relationships
- Close out projects by delivering all agreed upon deliverables, completing lessons learned, and close out vendor contracts
- Bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required
- Understanding of the various project management methodologies such as waterfall, SCRUM, Kanban, and SAFe is a plus
- Proficiency with MS Project and other MS Office tools such as: Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Exceptional follow through and attention to detail, ability to handle sensitive issues effectively
- Demonstrate and possess strong organizational and leadership skills
- Goal and results oriented
- Analytical and critical thinker – Inquisitive with a natural drive to understand difficult concepts
- Possess service and customer-oriented mindset
- Naturally flexible and adaptable in a changing and sometimes unsure environment
To learn more about our core values, please click here.
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website