Join National Heritage Academies (NHA) as a Mathematics Curriculum Specialist supporting grades 7-12 for our Michigan high schools. This position will report directly to the Director of Curriculum & Instruction or someone designated by the Director of Curriculum & Instruction and will be responsible for supporting schools in curricular needs relating to professional development, programs, assessment development, resources, and documents.
NHA is a charter school management company that operates 90 schools across nine states serving over 60,000 students in Kindergarten through 12th grade. Founded in 1995 and based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, NHA is one of the nation's leading for-profit charter school management organizations.
NHA's system of schools is designed to eliminate the achievement gap and provide a public school choice to families so their children are prepared for success in high school, college, and beyond. With a commitment to hard work, good citizenship, and personal responsibility, students experience a safe, secure learning environment where achievement thrives. A passion and dedication to the mission of serving children and partnering with communities to provide an excellent educational experience permeates the culture of our organization.
- Develop and support curriculum and assessments for math teachers.
- Actively track and evaluate the effectiveness of created resources.
- Provide professional development for math teachers.
- Collaborate with school leadership to observe, model lessons, and coach math in NHA schools as requested.
- Research and promote best practices in math education.
- Maintain and enhance current projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or Content Area is required, Master's degree preferred.
- Strong content knowledge in Algebra 1 is required.
- 4-10 years of math teaching experience preferred.
- Previous experience with curriculum coaching preferred.
- Experience presenting to adult learners.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Extensive experience working in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Excellent communication skills are essential, both written and verbal.
- Candidate must be in the Michigan region, preferably in the Metro Detroit area
- Ability to travel as required with occasional overnights.
To learn more about our core values, please click here.
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website