NHA is a charter school management company that operates 80+ schools in 9 states. We are committed to our mission of “challenging each child to achieve…” and we pride ourselves on our students' ability to achieve high results in later education based on the foundations gained in grades K-8 at NHA.
In this role you will work out of our corporate headquarters (Service Center) located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The NHA Service Center is where all the behind-the-scenes magic happens. Our 400 brilliant team members are brag-worthy. With a diverse group of departments like admissions, talent acquisition, facilities, legal services, and many more working together to provide top level back-office support. The Service Center is a place of bright colors, smiling faces, and opportunity. We like to gather for events such as the fall crocktoberfest cook-off, the sparkling holiday party full of fun and unexplainable excitement, and our annual 5K Service Center fun run.
- Assists in completing projects of lower complexity
- Assists in maintaining and improving NHA's existing software suite with a focus on support
- Works with manager and team to ensure execution of tasks and deliverables
- Solution-oriented and manages work independently
- Able to complete well-defined work with a minimal amount of oversight and guidance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent
- 3+ years of .NET development experience
- 3+ years of HTML/CSS (or related preprocessor) development experience
- Experience working on long-running projects with medium to large project teams preferred
- Agile-based software development team experience using SCRUM or similar methodologies
- Experience working with Enterprise Systems preferred
- Familiarity with Service Based Architectures & Related Technologies (WebAPI, WCF, oData, Claims Authorization, etc.)
- Familiarity with Object Relational Mapping Tools (Entity Framework, nHibernate, etc.)
- Experience developing web services for enterprise applications (SOAP, REST, XML & JSON)
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps, and/or Git
- Excellent multitasking and prioritization abilities
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
To learn more about our core values, please click here.
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website