At National Heritage Academies (NHA) the Educational Technology Administrator will be part of the Educational Technology Team within the Technology Services Department. This position will report directly to the Application Operations Manager and be part of a team of education and IT professionals responsible for providing valuable educational technology systems and services to the NHA community. In this role, you will be a strategic partner to academic teams and a key member of the team responsible for selecting, implementing, and continuously improving educational technology solutions, as well as supporting a community of users and a software portfolio.
NHA is a charter school management company that operates 90 schools across nine states serving over 60,000 students in Kindergarten through 12th grade. Founded in 1995 and based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, NHA is one of the nation's leading for-profit charter school management organizations.
NHA's system of schools is designed to eliminate the achievement gap and provide a public school choice to families so their children are prepared for success in high school, college, and beyond. With a commitment to hard work, good citizenship, and personal responsibility, students experience a safe, secure learning environment where achievement thrives. A passion and dedication to the mission of serving children and partnering with communities to provide an excellent educational experience permeates the culture of our organization.
- Partnership: You will play a supporting role in developing strong partnerships with various departments, stakeholders, and schools to help shape a software portfolio that compliments NHA's academic and educational technology strategies. This will entail on-going engagement with teams to coordinate priorities and create strategic alignment with organizational goals.
- Facilitation: You will plan and prioritize with a cross-functional EdTech team, participate/facilitate meetings, coordinate cross-functional efforts across multiple teams (academic teams, technology teams, schools, vendors, etc.), and establish continuous improvement processes.
- Product Selection: As a member of a selection team, you will support the evaluation, pilot program, and selection of EdTech products through the lens of an educational strategy and NHA's technology model and measure the success of those products to achieve their stated goals.
- Usage Analysis: You will analyze customer usage trends across EdTech products, measure the effectiveness of the education technology tools, and share out analysis and insights to drive decision making.
- Vendor Partnership: You will develop partnerships with vendors and consultants to understand current and future product offerings and coordinate requirements, data sharing, single sign-on, integration, and incident support.
- Education Requirements: You will develop a deep understanding of educational goals, school operations, and customers/users' needs and translate them into requirements.
- Customer Support: You will work closely with the Technology Support Center to establish processes and deliver services that result in great customer support for educational technology. You will also establish systems to understand customer support trends, resolve persistent issues, and incorporate customer support intelligence into a continuous improvement process.
- Customer Communication: You will collaborate with teams to develop communication plans and messaging to customers and key stakeholders to ensure effective use and overall adoption of EdTech tools.
- Feedback: You will be an advocate for our customers and will establish channels of feedback (to include: focus groups, pilot programs, and digital communities) to understand the unique needs of our customers and identify opportunities to solve problems and provide maximum value.
- Knowledge Management: You will plan and implement strategies to support training, develop knowledge management systems, and ensure learning tools and content are in place to support customers.
- Product Life-Cycle: You will manage the life-cycle of educational technologies, from onboarding through retirement, by ensuring products are properly vetted, set up, piloted and adopted; and that proper feedback loops are in place to evaluate the effectiveness of solutions.
- Intake & Selection: You will establish a process to manage the intake of new EdTech requests, including; discovery, selection process, pilot programs, and feedback management, and measures of success.
- System Administration: You will administer a portfolio of education applications to ensure operational success and provide an optimal experience to our users through configuration and integration. This includes the coordination of updates, change management, system monitoring (alerts, notifications, & response), integration monitoring, academic year rollover, etc.
- Licensing Administration: You will help coordinate licensing for the EdTech portfolio including tracking new purchases, renewals, and terminations by school/location.
- Account Administration: You will administer and manage the account lifecycle for students and staff for all EdTech software titles.
- Bachelor's degree in Education Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent job experience.
- 5 years of work experience with educational technology, enterprise applications, or information technology
- Experience teaching with technology, working with students or teachers using technology, or rolling out new technology to school is preferred.
- Customer service skills, understanding of and focusing on clients' needs, establishing credibility and building positive, professional, relationships with partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within an organization, internally and externally
- Highly organized with project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks on schedule
- Experience providing requirements for custom-developed software integrations and working with application development teams is helpful but not required
- Experience with single sign-on (Active Directory/ADFS), portal systems (Clever), secure and automated file transfer (SFTP), student information systems are helpful but not required
To learn more about our core values, please click here.
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website