Join National Heritage Academies (NHA) as a Data Intelligence Analyst. This position will report directly to the VP of Information & Analytics and will be responsible for performing rigorous analyses of quantitative data for ad-hoc analyses and to support the organization's efforts in competitive intelligence. As part of the Information & Analytics team, you'll have access to a robust data warehouse, leading analytical tools, and experienced colleagues. The individual selected for this role will perform organizational research projects in support of the NHA mission. Projects will include descriptive, diagnostic, causal, and prescriptive analyses.
NHA is a charter school management company that operates 80+ schools in 9 states. We are committed to our mission of “challenging each child to achieve…” and we pride ourselves on our students' ability to achieve high results in later education based on the foundations gained in grades K-8 at NHA.
In this role you will work out of our corporate headquarters (Service Center) located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The NHA Service Center is where all the behind-the-scenes magic happens. Our 400 brilliant team members are brag-worthy. With a diverse group of departments like admissions, talent acquisition, facilities, legal services, and many more working together to provide top level back-office support. The Service Center is a place of bright colors, smiling faces, and opportunity. We like to gather for events such as the fall crocktoberfest cook-off, the sparkling holiday party full of fun and unexplainable excitement, and our annual 5K Service Center fun run.
- Independently manage analytical research through each stage of the research process (question formulation, design, analysis, quality checks, communication of results)
- Apply the appropriate analytical strategy to research questions
- Build and merge data sets and optimize for analysis through feature engineering
- Design, conduct, and produce ad-hoc analyses
- Build and maintain the organization's competitive intelligence database
- Conduct qualitative research on external organizations (school districts, charter networks)
- Source external data sets on school district and charter network performance
- Effectively communicate results to stakeholders through presentations and white papers
- Support the analytics team members through collaboration and collective problem solving
- Work with other departments to deliver complete solutions to analytical problems
- A degree (bachelor's or master's) in an analytical discipline is required (examples include mathematics, statistics, data science, economics, computer science, etc.)
- Experience in various statistical analyses and treatments (particularly explanatory modeling through regression analysis)
- Excellent communication and research skills
- Creative problem solving
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines
- Experience with some analytical tools (SAS, SQL, SPSS, R, Python, Tableau, etc.)
- At least three years of relevant work experience, preferred
- Some experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) and data base design, preferred
- Experience with MCMC simulations, preferred
- Experience with linear programming/decision analytics, preferred
- Knowledge of the education industry, preferred
- Background in causal modeling, preferred
To learn more about our core values, please click here.
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website