Join National Heritage Academies (NHA) as a Board Relations Representative. This position will report directly to the Manager of Partner Services and will be responsible for maintaining relationships with its partner school boards to ensure a strong alignment between the boards and NHA. The Board Relations Representative will assist boards with compliance issues, provide company information and school performance data, and help with the charter renewal process. The ideal candidate will possess three or more years of experience in a highly relational profession, have an interest in charter schools and educational reform and have a familiarity with school's curricula, budgets, hiring and similar matters. This position will be based out of Baton Rouge, LA supporting our Louisiana schools.About Us
NHA is a charter school management company that operates 80+ schools in 9 states. We are committed to our mission of “challenging each child to achieve…” and we pride ourselves on our students' ability to achieve high results in later education based on the foundations gained in grades K-8 at NHA.
In this role you will be a regional remote employee based out of Louisiana for the corporate headquarters (Service Center) located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The NHA Service Center is where all the behind-the-scenes magic happens. Our 350 brilliant team members are brag-worthy. With a diverse group of departments like admissions, talent acquisition, facilities, legal services, and many more working together to provide top level back-office support. The Service Center is a place of bright colors, smiling faces, and opportunity. We like to gather for events such as the fall crocktoberfest cook-off, the sparkling holiday party full of fun and unexplainable excitement, and our annual 5K Service Center fun run.
- Serve as a liaison between the school board, charter authorizers, and NHA
- Assist in the charter renewal process for assigned schools by coordinating activities and assuring submittal dates are met and the board is prepared for renewal visits
- Assist the board in recruiting replacement board members as need
- Attend board meetings and record meeting minutes
- Oversee compliance reporting
- Assist the board president with the creation of meeting agendas
- Monitor and assist with board fund requests
- Know important board documents (management agreement, charter contract, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or Communications or equivalent focus of study
- 3+ years of experience managing key business, customer or government relations
- Strong interest in charter schools and educational reform
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong follow-up skills
- Candidate must be located in Baton Rouge area
- Willingness to travel as needed - some overnights required
To learn more about our core values, please click here.
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website