Speech / Language Pathologist
Primary Location: United States-KY-KYLouisville
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at NeuroRestorative Kentucky, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.Description SUMMARY
Directs and administers speech therapy using techniques that assist in the rehabilitation of individuals with functional disabilities of speech, language, voice and swallowing. Reviews medical records, tests and evaluates clients/consumers, develops treatment plans and administers therapy. Provides effective evaluations, documentation, and communication of medical information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Assesses speech and language skills, development, articulation ability and voice and fluency disorders of patients assigned.
- Reviews medical history, performs evaluation, and determines patient therapy needs.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates individualized patient therapy plans. Coordinates therapy modifications to the client's plan of care with the Director of Clinical Services and client's physician.
- Identifies and develops intervention strategies. Routinely reviews pertinent client medical data to determine the effectiveness of therapy services in reaching maximum rehabilitation potential.
- Instructs clients, family members, and primary caregivers as needed to insure the maintenance of or acquisition of optimal functioning level for each client.
- Insures effective coordination of client home care services through timely completion of required documentation and transfer of pertinent medical data to the client’s physician, Director of Clinical Services and other caregivers.
- Reviews and documents comprehensive evaluation reports to summarize tests utilized, results of test(s), and diagnosis of speech/hearing disorders.
- Reports and records assessments, evaluations, therapy interventions and patient changes according to physician orders and the Mentor Network’s policies.
- Investigates and takes appropriates actions on client or employee concerns and or complaints.
- Maintains appropriate HIPPA compliance and a safe patient environment.
· Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Apply on company website