Primary Location: United States-MI-MITraverse City
Function: Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Come join our amazing team and make a difference in someone's life!
Caregiver positions$300 Sign-Bonus!
Competitive starting rate between $13-$14 hourly with overnight awake shift differential of $1 more an hour.
Due to the ongoing public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, our employees, and our candidates.
Full time, part time and on-call positions are available. We have openings for employees available for evening, overnight, and weekend shifts.
Come join NeuroRestorative Michigan in the very important work we do providing Supported Living programs and community-based services for adults with brain injury.
As a Caregiver/Life Skills Trainer (LST), you'll carry out rewarding work, seeing your impact in lives on a daily basis. LSTs provide training, assistance and supervision to participants in the areas of living skills, therapeutic recreation, and other forms of assistance in both residential and community settings. LSTs work closely with our clinical staff to support the therapeutic and behavioral plans in place.
- Ensure follow through of specific programs developed by the team in the community and in the residence.
- Adhere to all treatment philosophies and complete all documentation in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner.
- Monitor and provide training in mealtime programming; prepare food as needed.
- Assist, supervise and train participants in basic and advanced living skills (grooming, laundry, cooking, room cleaning, shopping, toileting, feeding, turning in bed, etc) according to the program and charting requirements.
- Manage physical transfer of participants following training guidelines.
- Adhere to emergency guidelines and serves a primary decision maker relative to facility emergencies and participant emergencies on the job site or in the community.
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of residence at all times.Complete all cleaning activities on cleaning schedule.
- Attend staff meetings, conferences, in-services as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality and assist with maintenance of all accreditation and license requirements.
- Successfully complete mandatory training. Responsible for attending annual/Semi-annual refresher/ re-certification courses prior to certification expiration dates.
Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like the type of impact you want to make… we want to hear from you!
Bring the right attitude, we’ll train you for success!
Apply on company website