PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Sunday, September 04, 2022 Application materials will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until positions are filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment maybe used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise. Exam# 22/14C31/08SS. .
Natividad is seeking a full-time permanent Hospital Legislative and Business Development Manager (Management Analyst III). This incumbent will report to the CEO and Natividad's Administration and is responsible for establishing and maintaining the ongoing legislative aspects of the classification in direct coordination with the hospital leadership team and focus on maintaining a mutually beneficial relationship within both the physical and professional organizations that the hospital operates through constant monitoring of proposed and newly implemented legislation that impacts healthcare. In addition, this person contributes to hospital business development coordination and may serve as the project coordinator for new business ventures. Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITES OF THE POSITION
- Manages and provides administrative analytical staff support services for legislative activities concerning Natividad; conducts research, planning and dissemination, government affairs, public information, legislative development, special projects and support communications.
- Analyzes researches, coordinates and interprets Federal and State legislative issues relative to Natividad; coordinates and ensures alignment of legislative activities with County legislative program.
- Makes recommendations to Natividad administration and senior management based on County's legislative agenda; develops linkages with external sources regarding evidence-based practices, and organizing the dissemination and utilization of that information with the hospital.
- Writes reports, proposals, fact sheets, legislative language, and other materials necessary to develop legislation.
- Participates with senior management in developing long-range, strategic and business plans; assists with coordinating promotions and advertising campaigns for maximum effectiveness in context of the hospital's long-range and specific objectives.
- Monitors and advises hospital administration of the County's legislative agenda, coordinates with county, state, and federal representatives, and works as liaison between hospital and county staff; serves as primary liaison with community agencies, service providers and task forces that are involved in broad County-wide issues.
- Coordinates with other staff on both proactive public relations and internal communication efforts, and effective media response capabilities; confers with hospital administrative team and other employees on matters relative to strategic needs, legislative needs, policies and program operations.
- Coordinates with County, State and Federal representatives and works closely with statewide and national associations.
- Attends Board of Supervisors meetings and committee meetings as assigned.
- Researches, interprets and complies with local, state and federal codes, regulations, laws, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Represents the hospital at meetings and public functions to solicit funding, explain available programs and services, and/or develop cooperative relationships to exchange information/services; may represent the hospital through the news media.
- Represents the hospital in policy development and other discussions with other departments and agencies, as needed.
- Performs other related duties.
Working Knowledge of:
- The functions of public health care agencies, organizations and current policies and practices
- Basic principles of health, hospital and clinic organization and administration
- Regulations and laws common to the operation of hospitals and healthcare organizations in California
- Principles and practices of organization, public administration, and public policy management
- Manage analytical and administrative support services
- Collect, analyze and evaluate research data
- Prepare correspondence and present written and oral reports
- Interpret and apply codes, regulations, laws, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Coordinate a wide variety of activities
- Work independently and in a timely fashion
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, individually, publicly to groups, and with official representative's legislators
- Provide direction to others on projects and activities
- Work cooperatively and tactfully as a team leader with physicians, department managers, and line staff
- Work cooperatively and effectively with a variety of diverse senior professionals, both internally and externally to develop new policies that promote the effectiveness of the hospital specifically and the healthcare safety net generally
- Exercise exceptional interpersonal skills, good judgment, and an understanding of highly complex and political environments
- Establish positive working relationships with representative of community organizations, elected officials, state/local/federal agencies, management and staff, clients and the public
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven and clean driving record.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position you will not be eligible for the benefits.
Apply on company website