PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 11:59pm for a guaranteed review. Application materials received after this date will be reviewed in a continuous basis to fill current and future permanent and temporary needs. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment will be used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise. Exam# 20/14C36/02CR
Natividad is currently seeking a full-time permanent Hospital Decision Support Analyst in our Finance Department. Under direction, this incumbent performs research and analysis of financial, operational, and productivity data; prepares detailed reports; performs a wide variety of research and statistical analysis of moderate to high scope and complexity; performs other duties as assigned.
- Develops and maintains productivity and service-level reports, such as Physician Clinical Activity Reports, Non-Physician Productivity Reports, financial reports, operational reports, Service Level Reports, and Ad Hoc Report
- Works effectively with related hospital management in the development and maintenance of reports related to Clinical Services, Operations/Support Services, Finance/Accounting, and Information System
- Performs profit/loss analysis on all hospital services, outpatient clinics, physicians and department
- Monitors profitability of all third-party Payor contract
- Develops business cases and pro forma financials for new hospital service
- Analyzes reports as produced and provides Executive Management with written and verbal reports on pertinent variances/trends, providing recommendations for process improvement
- Maintains and manages hospital cost accounting system
- Meets with hospital management to design and develop analytical reports that assist them with their strategic or operational decision making process
- Assists in determining appropriate productivity goals for new departments, and updates goals as necessary to existing department
- Identifies opportunities to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness, including faster, easier, more efficient ways to gather, analyze, and report data; implements operational improvement programs for clinical and support departments
- Develops and maintains database applications to assist related departments in developing solutions for improve productivity and financial accountability; maintains data integrity through the development and implementation of strategies for improving database and query performance
- Creates database queries, templates, filters, and reports to fit individual user needs
- Implements modeling techniques for trend analysis and performance analysis; develops other data collection tools, analyzes data, and provides input in the making of operational decisions as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Automated systems related to Patient Financial Services, Clinical Services, Operations and Support Services of an acute care hospital. (i.e., Meditech)
- Principles of mathematical, Boolean, and statistical analysis
- Principles and techniques of computer programming, code development, report writing software, and structure query language (SQL)
- Research techniques, data compilation and analysis, and report writing
- Fundamentals of hospital organization, management and administration
- Standards, regulations, state and federal laws applicable to hospital administration
- General financial principles and procedures pertaining to budget development, monitoring and justification
- Internal and external operations, functions and resources related to clinical services, finance, public domain databases, operations, and support services of an acute care hospital
- Principles and practices of medical staff interaction and organization in an acute care facility
- Principles and practices of personnel management, including planning and organizing work, delegating authority, motivating subordinates, appraising performance and administering discipline
- Take initiative and pro-actively seek creative solutions
- Effectively deal with multiple, complex situations; effectively prioritize and organize a varied workload
- Adapt to a varied routine of office work
- Communicate effectively with all internal and external representatives; establish effective relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Conduct comprehensive and in-depth research
- Analyze and interpret a wide variety of complex data and information
- Prepare and present clear and concise written and oral reports
- Identify issues, options and projected outcomes and make recommendations
EXAMPLES OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through various types of experience, education or training, typically:
Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics, or other related field
Minimum of 2 years experience in the Finance Department and/or Operations/Support Division of an acute care hospital
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application and resume must be submitted by the priority screening date of: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 11:59pm for a guaranteed review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com Required resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: BarocioKM@natividad.com, resume will be required in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application. For more information or to receive an application, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5 p.m. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States. If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.
Apply on company website