PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. for a guaranteed review. Application materials received after this date will be reviewed in an ongoing basis until position is filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment maybe used to fill current and future position as they arise.
Natividad is currently seeking to fill a full time, permanent Chief Hospital Accountant in our Accounting Department. Under direction, this incumbent provides technical support to the Hospital Controller at Natividad in the development, implementation and maintenance of Natividad's general accounting system; prepares financial reports and designs financial controls for the institution and does other work as required. Examples of Duties THE SIGNIFICANT DUTIES OF THE POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Develops, implements and maintains general accounting systems and controls; supervises and participates in the review and analysis of accounting records
- Assists in the preparation of detailed financial plans for Natividad by analyzing and evaluating statistical and financial data and preparing budgets, projected patient levels, proposed staffing requirements and projected operating costs
- Defines the accounting requirements for Natividad for incorporation into the patient accounting system, fiscal and statistical information system and other medical center accounting systems
- Analyzes data and proposes methods for tracking and reporting financial information to various external agencies
- Prepares financial reports including cost reimbursement plans for MediCare, MediCal and other insurance providers; prepares reports of Natividad Enterprise Fund activities to meet County requirements
- Plans, assigns, and reviews the work of subordinate accountants and clerical personnel; trains and evaluates personnel
- Prepares and publishes monthly financial statements including Balance Sheet, Statement of Revenue and Expenses, and Statement of Cash Flow
- Oversees the accounting and accuracy of over $40 million in government funding
- Prepares Intergovernmental Transfers to the State; bills State for government programs
- Prepares and files Hospital Surveys for Public Health Agencies and economic bureaus
- Acts as Hospital liaison for MediCal and MediCare audits
- Principles and practices of hospital and healthcare budgeting and financial management
- Laws, rules and regulations influencing medical center fiscal operations, including MediCal and MediCare requirements; GAAP, OCBOA, OSHPD reporting and government program accounting
- Accounting principles, theories, concepts and their practical applications to medical center operations in general and to cost accounting and cost recovery in specific
- Automated systems related to Clinical Services, Operations and Support Services of an acute care hospital. (i.e., MEDITECH)
- Principles of mathematical and statistical analysis, preparation and presentation
- The uses of standard computer-based business applications
- Financial modeling
- Principles and practices of financial management
- Principles of governmental accounting
- Principles and practices of personnel management, including recruitment, planning and organizing work, delegating authority, motivating subordinates, appraising performance and administering discipline
- Principles and practices of medical staff interaction and organization in an acute care facility
- Develop financial and other operational systems to accurately control Natividad activities
- Train and supervise accounting personnel
- Make sound financial decisions and recommendations to management in regards to professional accounting problems in maintaining fiscal control of Natividad
- Interpret and apply legal requirements and administrative policies to accounting functions
- Interpret financial data for non-financial managers
- Implement appropriate changes in accounting systems and procedures
- Coordinate deadlines and data requests including those from all Health units in the County of Monterey
- Accurately analyze fiscal data and adopt an effective course of action
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and other contacts
- Prepare clear and comprehensive financial, narrative and statistical reports
- Communicate ideas and information, effectively, both orally and in writing
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through various types of experience, education or training, typically:
Four (4) years accounting experience, two years of which were in an acute care hospital, performing a full range of professional accounting duties
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in Business or Public Administration, Accounting or a closely related field;
Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@Natividad.com. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: ill be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
• If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
• Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
• If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed above.
Apply on company website