PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 11:59pm for a guaranteed review. Application materials received after this date will be reviewed in a continuous basis to fill current and future permanent and temporary needs. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment will be used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise. Exam# 22/80A99/06SS
Natividad is currently seeking a full-time permanent Administrative Secretary-Confidential in the Administration Department. Under direction, the Administrative Secretary-Confidential performs a wide variety of administrative and secretarial duties which require a substantial degree of autonomy; positions serve as a personal assistant to a department head or major division chief and perform auxiliary duties and responsibilities of the manager; incumbents may supervise a clerical staff engaged in varied assignments; and performs other work as required.
- Sets priorities, researches, compiles and organizes information for supervisor's use in completing reports, special projects, etc; follows up on projects initiated by supervisor to assure their completion.
- Exercises initiative, good judgement and keeps information confidential.
- Using discretion, monitors supervisor's day-to-day activities and schedules. Exercises considerable judgments in committing the supervisor's time; clears conflicts; arranges travel itineraries and makes reservations. Arranges appropriate meeting and conference accommodations to properly receive guests.
- Acts in a liaison capacity between the supervisor, his staff and representatives from other departments, agencies, and the public in situations often involving problem solving or discussion and persuasion to gain concurrence and cooperation.
- Supervises other clerical and/or secretarial staff, trains other employees in departmental procedures and processes. Develops, recommends and implements changes in procedures aimed at greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Screens office visitors, phone calls and correspondence, establishes priorities and refers to appropriate staff member.
- Assists in the preparation of departmental agenda items for presentation to Board of Supervisors.
- Assembles agendas, prepares meeting files, records and transcribes minutes of meetings, commissions or committees.
- Organizes and maintains files and records.
- Prepares correspondence either independently or from written copy, transcription or brief instructions.
- Correct grammar, rules of punctuation and spelling
- Proper format for business correspondence and form
- Filing systems, including indexing and cross-reference methods
- Office management and organizational methods
- Research and analyze information gathered in order to compose reports or special projects
- Read, interpret and apply laws, ordinances and departmental procedures
- Organize, delegate and evaluate the work of subordinate employees
- Analyze, evaluate and resolve potentially sensitive issues through discussion and persuasion in order to gain concurrence and cooperation
- Establish and maintain constructive and harmonious relationships with department heads, elected officials and the general public
- Operate a variety of office equipment such as smartphones, projection monitors, and personal computer
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through various types of experience, education or training, typically:
Five years of experience performing increasingly responsible clerical duties. Some positions may require experience including leadworker responsibility OR Two years in the class of Senior Secretary Experience in a healthcare environment is highly desired Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven and clean driving record.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: AscensionIL@natividad.com. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position you will not be eligible for the benefits.
Apply on company website