National Heritage Academies (NHA) is seeking full-time regional teachers to provide instruction in interim assignments in high need subject areas in high need schools located in Brooklyn, New York. We are in search of individuals who have certification in special education.
As part of a new hiring initiative at NHA, called Teach Force, we will be hiring a limited number of certified teachers, offering a premium compensation package, for the 2019-20 school year. Teach Force teachers will be placed in temporary assignments throughout the school year while the search continues for a permanent placement. NHA is committed to the goal of having a high quality, highly mobile team of teachers ready to be placed in a classroom at a moment's notice. It is important to start the school year fully staffed, not only for the teams of teachers in the building but also for every child and parent that chooses a National Heritage Academies school, therefore; we are looking for teachers interested in an opportunity to make a difference in urban areas.
As a member of Teach Force, opportunity abounds. At NHA you will have the opportunity to work in challenging environments with the reward of impacting children's lives all across the country. With our results driven curriculum and community of educators committed to tracking results, you will be set up for success at our schools, by working in a collaborative team environment.
Teach Force teachers must be willing to make a one year commitment to the program and be willing to fulfill any placement. Placements may be for the entire school year or multiple assignments in multiple locations depending on school need.
- All standard NHA benefits
- An opportunity to be a pioneer in a new initiative
- Travel to other locations and experience NHA's instructional program in a variety of environments
- Compensation above market while at an assignment school
- Guaranteed assignment at a home base school while awaiting an assignment
- Assistance with licensure reciprocity, related fees, and documentation assistance
- Orientation for assigned school to assist you with the school's culture and acclimating to the area
- Qualified candidates must hold a valid teacher certificate in New York.
- Desired content areas include Special Education.
- NHA prefers candidates for Teach Force that have 5 years of experience working with at-risk students in an urban environment and proven effective teaching.
NHA is a charter school management company that operates 80 schools in 9 states. We are committed to our mission of “challenging each child to achieve…” and we pride ourselves on our students' ability to achieve high results in later education based on the foundations gained in grades K-8 at NHA.
To learn more about our core values, please click here.
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website