For over 50 years, National Church Residences has been providing quality housing and care at affordable prices for seniors. Our mission is national in scope, as the largest not-for-profit provider of affordable housing in the country, with over 350 communities in 28 states and Puerto Rico and it originates from a Christian commitment of service to older adults. Open to people of every faith, National Church Residences has become a leading name in senior services, retirement community management and support for people in need, such as permanent supportive housing for the formerly homeless.
- Performs/assists with all resident direct care needs and comforts of daily living as needed. Including but not limited to: Lifting, turning, positioning, transporting; bathing, dressing functions, oral hygiene and grooming; answering and responding to call lights in a timely and professional manner; providing restorative care including but not limited to range of motion, ambulation, and bowel and bladder training.
- Provides all additional resident care needs and comforts of daily living. Including but not limited to: Maintaining cleanliness of resident's room to include daily cleaning, deep cleaning as required, and discharge cleaning; providing for and engages in activities of interest to resident; providing restorative nursing programs necessary to maintain ADLs.
- Communicates professionally and effectively, verbally and in writing. Follows written and verbal directions. Provides exemplary customer service to residents, peers, families, managers, and visitors. Reports any changes in physical or mental conditions on a timely basis
- Assists nurses with assigned tasks, including but not limited to: Measuring and recording vitals; gathering weights, measures and other documentation on the residents; making beds, cleaning closets, organizing and ensuring cleanliness of resident living areas; assisting with new admissions as assigned; assisting in the training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
- Adheres to the guidelines as outlined in the Resident Rights documentation. Knows resident rights and helps the residents exercise and/or protect their rights. Reports resident complaints to charge nurse or supervisory in charge, maintains confidentiality.
- Documents resident information timely, accurately and confidentially according to the procedures set forth in the electronic medical record system.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined under the Safety & Compliance policies and procedures. Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs.
- Practices universal precautions. Uses protective equipment, follows infection control protocol standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs food service functions to include: Preparing residents for meals, serving food, assisting with eating, after meal care, passing snacks and fresh water/ice; recording food/fluid intake, noting changes of eating habits and appropriately reporting.
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, promotes a team approach, participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
- With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for clients, reports all complaints made by clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
- Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility policies including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: High School diploma/GED
Experience: Two to four years preferred.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and World Wide Web.
Licensure: State Tested Nurse Aide (STNA)
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law
Apply on company website