- Promote and participate as an active and supportive member of the Acquisition and Development team
- “Quarterback” a group of individual deals from site identification up through closing and turnover to operations housing team and asset mgmt.
- Support the Director of Acquisitions with the acquisition of multifamily senior housing projects; anticipated per annum acquisition unit count for the acquisition team will be between 500 and 1,000 units per year.
- Underwrite and model potential acquisition opportunities to determine maximum offer price and financial viability.
- Review and analyze operating budgets, potential funding sources and capital needs. Make recommendations to senior development team regarding same.
- Review and analyze compliance documents
- Review, summarize and analyze project due diligence, including market studies, appraisals, environmental reports and capital needs assessments.
- In conjunction with internal and external legal counsel, review title and property reports.
- Obtain HUD, Housing Finance Agency and investor approvals, as applicable.
- Manage project timelines and checklists and ensure compliance with applicable deadlines.
- Conduct site visits to review potential acquisitions, as required.
- Communicate professionally and direct the flow of real estate transactions by coordinating with seller and applicable third party vendors, title companies, outside legal counsel, and property management team. Work with the Director of Acquisitions to successfully transition all assets to National Church Residences housing team.
- Assist with various LIHTC, HOME, FHLB and HUD applications.
- Support Director of Acquisitions and Senior Vice President with Board reporting, Investment Corporation reporting, Internal Investment Committee reporting, industry specific presentations and other duties as assigned.
- Assist Acquisitions Team and provide support and other duties as assigned
- Attends and participates in regularly scheduled team meetings
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates a participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
- Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility handbook including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
- With respect to Client Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for clients, reports all complaints made by clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree required
Experience: Understanding of affordable housing fundamentals and market dynamics. Ability to demonstrate ownership of developments and work with a high degree of autonomy. Highly effective communication, presentation and listening skill set. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Sound analytical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel required. Collaborative skills, working with diverse internal and external entities to accomplish project goals. Demonstrated ability for multi-tasking and meeting simultaneous deadlines. Ability to travel and attend evening meetings on a limited basis.
Mental: Must have the ability to understand data and carry out verbal and written instructions.
Licensure: Valid driver's license and able to meet National Church Residences' motor vehicle policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website