- Prepares meals according to the menus provided using standardized recipes based on standard portion control.
- Follow food safe handling procedures in preparation as well as proper procedures for covering, labeling, dating, and storing food
- Maintains equipment and cooking areas in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Ensure logs are accurately completed in a timely manner. i.e., refrigerator, freezer, and production sheets.
- Oversees that all meals and snacks are prepared and sent in a timely manner so that temperature, quality, and appearance of the food is maintained.
- Checks for accuracy of special diets.
- Oversees the Dietary Department in the absence of the Director/Manager.
- Assists in training new dietary employees.
- Attends in-service meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have the ability to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in fine dining hospitality and/or full-service restaurant
- Enthusiastic & looking to make a difference in the lives of our amazing senior residents
- Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Current knowledge of culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing tasks/Sense of urgency
- Ability to work on your feet for 8 or more hours a day
Apply on company website