According to prescribed policies and procedures, under the general supervision of the Property Manager/Staffing Manager, the Service Coordinator assumes responsibility for coordinating programs and services to help residents maintain a good quality of life and age in place.
- Assumes responsibility for coordinating programs and activities for residents on a group basis.
- Serves as a liaison to community agencies, network with community service providers, and seek out new services available to residents. Identify low cost service providers and/or negotiate discounts.
- Monitors the ongoing provision of services from community agencies and keeps documentation with the progress of the individual. Manages the provision of supportive services where appropriate.
- Engage all residents in the building(s) to identify areas of need and make referrals to community agencies when necessary.
- Develops a Resource Directory that includes a listing of state and/or local service providers. Examples include services to families, children, elderly residents, persons with disabilities and emergency assistance.
- Sponsors educational events that include subjects relating to health care, agency support, life skills and referral sources.
- Implements on site or mobile health services and screenings.
- Organizes and promotes resident involvement in on and off site programs.
- Assists the residents in building informal support networks with other residents, family and friends.
- Engage volunteers within the community and/or property when appropriate based on National Church Residences Volunteer Policies and Procedures.
- Assumes responsibility coordinating services for residents on an individual basis.
- Provides quality customer service to all residents including, but not limited to, answering questions, addressing concerns and assisting with basic needs.
- Assists residents in acquiring and utilizing desired community services such as housekeeping, meals, transportation, personal services, financial assistance, day care counseling and other services requested while in compliance under the policies and restrictions outlined by HUD.
- With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all residents and staff are treated with respect and dignity. Reports all complaints made by residents and/or families to the appropriate supervisors. Reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/property and/or any other corporate compliance items, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, and local regulations and laws immediately.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Performs miscellaneous and specially requested tasks.
- Ensures all residents and staff are treated with respect and dignity. Reports all complaints made by residents and/or families to the appropriate supervisors. Reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the NCR Employee Information Guide (EIG), Policy and Procedure Guide (PPG), and facility handbook including, but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
- Builds rapport with residents, while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries in order to assist residents to age in place successfully.
- Manages time independently, completing required tasks and documentation within identified time frames.
- Works autonomously and as part of a team to ensure that residents are provided the best opportunity to successfully age in place.
- Responds to all communications (phone, email, fax, etc.) in a timely and professional manner.
- Completes all professional trainings required by National Church Residences in a timely manner.
- Utilizes a call-in time tracking system to log hours worked.
- Manages relationships, both internally and externally exercising appropriate communication and interpersonal skills.
- Other duties as assigned for Service Coordinators working in a Health Care Facility
- Service Coordinator will provide input and collaborate with the team of Health Care professionals as it relates to the resident's care.
- Communicate with the Nurse Liaisons as it relates to the care of residents appearing on the Priority Resident Report.
- Ensure continued communication between families and other departments within the Health Care facility, when appropriate.
- Work with the staff responsible for coordinating social events in order to optimize resident interest and ensure activities are appropriate for the facility based on resident need.
- Utilize appropriate documentation system to track all work done with residents
- Completes all required paperwork with all residents who want to utilize the Service Coordination program.
- Completes Care Plans/Quarterly Monitoring with residents needing referrals and follows up on all services at and after implementation.
- Submits Semi-Annual Performance Reports to HUD in order to maintain funding for the Service Coordination program at the property.
- Service Coordinator meets requirements outlined in Quality Assurance Review Process and Semi- Annual File Review Process (Reviews). The Reviews capture resident assessments, resident programs, policy compliance, and Education and Wellness Programs.
- All responsibilities are carried out in a manner consistent with NCR's Core Values of Mission, Compassion, Leadership and Professionalism.
- Completes training as assigned in Individual Education Plan.
- Achieve acceptable Resident Satisfaction score as measured.
- Must be knowledgeable and adhere to fair housing laws.
- Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed, proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle use is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: A bachelor's degree in social work or a related field is preferred.
Experience: Two or more years of experience in a social service delivery with elderly and/or family population. Demonstrated working knowledge of supportive services and other resources in the area served by the project. Demonstrated ability to advocate, organize, problem-solve, and provide results for the residents served.
Skills/Abilities: Good communication, comprehension and interpersonal skills.
Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and internet which will be demonstrated by a passing score on a computer literacy test. Must have working knowledge of computer or tablet software.
Mental: Must have the ability to understand data and carry out verbal and written instructions.
Licensure: Valid driver's license and able to meet National Church Residences' motor vehicle policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website