Assists in the development and monitoring of company policies and procedures related to property management; responsible for recruitment, training, development, and supervision of Property Managers, and shares responsibility for maintaining the physical asset and performance of assigned properties. Assists Vice President and other supervisors with special projects, administrative tasks, and other related work. Travel is required. Reasonable or limited use of your vehicle may be required from time to time.
This position will cover 15-19 sites in Missouri, Indiana and Ohio.
- Establishes and coordinates a communication system involving transactions and activities among Property Managers and the Central Office.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with residents, co-workers, owners, management, community leaders, vendors, and service providers.
- Hires, trains, supervises, develops, recognizes and terminates the employment of those supervised in accordance with company policies and directives; performs performance evaluations on supervised employees; assists Property Managers with site-level employees. Approves all new hires, status changes, and terminations for on-site personnel.
- Monitors, assists, and makes recommendations to improve marketing activities; reviews occupancy status; recommends rent schedules.
- Must be knowledgeable and adhere to fair housing laws. Review leasing activities and practices to ensure they meet all applicable fair housing laws.
- Reviews/audits property administrative, accounting, and maintenance areas to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; approves all exceptions of same. Resolves resident relation issues.
- Assists in or develops corrective programs for apartment communities.
- Supervises and coordinates preparation of annual operating and capital budgets. Monitors and makes recommendations on budget performance and prepares quarterly summary report of same.
- Reviews and approves expenditures within specified budgetary guidelines. Negotiates and/or evaluates contracts and makes recommendations.
- Establishes/revises property management forms, reports, and manuals including updates, changes, and additions.
- Prepares and conducts meetings; develops and implements property management training programs for all departments.
- Participates in miscellaneous operational matters. Coordinates staffing and office set-up of new communities according to guidelines.
- Completes Property Audit Checklist (PAC) quarterly for all assigned properties in portfolio.
- Manages relationships, both internally and externally exercising appropriate communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prepares, processes and manages the contract renewals for all communities assigned. Ensures approved rents (LIHTC, HUD, voucher increases) are implemented at both the HUD sites and the LIHTC sites in portfolio. Assists in submission of project-based voucher renewals for all communities in current portfolio that requires such submissions.
- With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all residents and staff are treated with respect and dignity. Reports all complaints made by residents and/or families to the appropriate supervisors. Reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/property and/or any other corporate compliance items, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws immediately.
- Oversees and implements National Church Residences initiatives timely and accurately.
- Completes assigned training in a timely manner.
- Properties operate at or above budgeted Net Operating Income.
- Properties meet all Fair Housing Standards, Waiting List Standards, Qualification and Certification Rules. Maintains Tenant Files in organized manner. MOR score or State Agency Reviews are possible indicators.
- Yardi scores at or above company standards.
- Properties are maintained properly – interior and exterior. REAC score or State Agency Reviews are possible indicators.
- Properties meet or exceed Occupancy standards. Reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all HUD annual contract renewal packages are completed accurately and submitted timely.
- Works with Asset Management to ensure the highest possible rents are implemented at all LIHTC sites assigned
- All responsibilities are carried out in a manner consistent with National Church Residences' Core Values of Mission, Compassion, Leadership and Professionalism.
Education: Two years of college or comparable work experience.
Experience: Knowledge of apartment property management normally acquired by five years supervisory experience, including two years on-site property management.
Skills/Abilities: Well organized and able to work well independently. Able to coordinate well with others and professionally assist others as needed. Attentive to detail. Good communication, comprehension and interpersonal skills. Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and internet which will be demonstrated by a passing score on a computer literacy test. Must have working knowledge of computer or tablet software.
Mental: Must have strong supervisory, personnel management and organizational skills.
Must have ability to maintain professionalism in stressful situations.
Licensure: Certified Property Manager Designation or candidate status preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website