- Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of assigned facility maintenance functions.
- Conducts general maintenance of resident units and common areas including carpentry, painting and other general repairs.
- Prepares vacant units for move-in, including, but not limited to, painting, cleaning and carpet cleaning.
- Diagnose and repair the large majority of problems in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, dry wall, exterior structural and appliance. Obtain bids for manager approval for a third party contractor when necessary.
- Performs and arranges scheduled preventative maintenance and cleaning. Completes inspections and tests, and maintains logs and records reflecting results.
- Performs maintenance on all security systems, fire alarms, and door locks.
- Adheres to schedule and takes assigned on call duties as directed.
- Provides assistance and direction on outside service and repair work.
- Performs landscaping duties (lawn mowing, hedge trimming, bed maintenance) as needed.
- Maintains grounds, parking lots, and driveways, including keeping walkways and parking lots free of snow and ice.
- Removes trash from common areas. Maintains dumpster area.
- Cleans common areas of property. Duties include emptying trash, dusting and vacuuming; polishing/cleaning furniture, cleaning fixtures, window ledges, mopping floor areas.
- Cleans and deodorizes bathrooms. Replaces toilet paper and paper towels.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining related maintenance records.
- Tracks and records preventative maintenance procedures.
- Completes work orders and inspections appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Reviews all Material Data Safety Sheets and follows instructions regarding use, disposal of or spills.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with residents, co-workers, community leaders, owners, management, vendors, and service providers.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and any significant problems or maintenance concerns.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required. Completes required records and reports.
- Assists vendors and service providers as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Manages relationships, both internally and externally exercising appropriate communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be knowledgeable and adhere to fair housing laws.
- Completes assigned training in a timely manner.
- Resident units are in good repair, and well maintained. Vacant units are readied for move-in in a timely manner.
- Common areas are in good repair and well maintained. Common areas and grounds are clean and free of trash. Preventative maintenance and repairs are effectively performed in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Maintenance needs and problems are promptly identified and resolved or reported to supervisor.
- All responsibilities are carried out in a manner consistent with National Church Residences' Core Values of Mission, Compassion, Leadership and Professionalism.
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
- Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
- With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws.
- Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
- Achieve acceptable Resident Satisfaction score as measured.
- Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed, proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Two to five years maintenance experience
Skills/Abilities: Good mechanical and problem solving abilities. Well organized and able to work well independently. Strong professional abilities in electrical, plumbing, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural and appliance. Able to coordinate well with others and professionally assist others as needed. Attentive to detail. Able to operate drills, electrical tools, welder, meters, timers, hand tools, snowplow, salt/sand spreader, and all related machinery. Good communication, comprehension and interpersonal skills. Must to have working knowledge of computer or tablet software.
Mental: Must have the ability to understand data and carry out verbal and written instructions.
Licensure: HVAC certified. Valid driver's license and able to meet National Church Residences' motor vehicle policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website