According to prescribed policies and procedures, under the general supervision of the Senior Property Manager, Property Manager, and/or Maintenance Supervisor, assumes responsibility for cleaning and maintaining the appearance of assigned areas.
Join our team providing excellent affordable housing for Seniors! 10 hours per week, weekdays during business hours but flexible. $14/hr. Vacuum, disifect, clean common areas, help clean apt for new move ins, help as needed with landscape and snow removal when maintenance tech is out on time off. We have an amazing team at Schenectady B'nai B'rith Join US!
- Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of assigned facility maintenance functions.
- Cleans common areas of property, model apartments or vacant apartments designated as show units. Duties may include emptying trash, dusting and vacuuming; polishing/cleaning furniture, cleaning fixtures, glass, window ledges, mopping floor areas.
- Cleans vacant units in preparation for move-ins and performs spot cleans as necessary on all model or vacant units until occupied.
- Follows established cleaning schedule.
- Cleans and deodorizes bathrooms. Replaces toilet paper, paper towels and soap.
- Keeps sufficient inventory of cleaning or other materials necessary to complete assigned functions. Notifies Property Manager in advance of supplies needed to complete essential functions.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining related maintenance records.
- Completes work orders and inspections appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Reviews all Material Data Safety Sheets and follows instructions regarding use, disposal of or spills.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with residents, co-workers, community leaders, owners, management, vendors, and service providers.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and any significant problems or maintenance concerns.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required. Completes required records and reports.
- Assists vendors and service providers as needed.
- With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all residents and staff are treated with respect and dignity. Reports all complaints made by residents and/or families to the appropriate supervisors. Reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/property and/or any other corporate compliance items drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws immediately.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Manages relationships, both internally and externally exercising appropriate communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be knowledgeable and adhere to fair housing laws.
- Completes assigned training in a timely manner.
- Common areas and bathrooms are clean.
- Vacant units are cleaned in a timely manner.
- Housekeeping needs and problems are promptly identified and resolved or reported to supervisor.
- All responsibilities are carried out in a manner consistent with National Church Residences' Core Values of Mission, Compassion, Leadership and Professionalism.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences Employee Information Guide (EIG), Policy and Procedure Guide (PPG), and facility handbook including, but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
- Achieve acceptable Resident Satisfaction score as measured.
- Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed, proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One to two years housekeeping experience. Knowledge of janitorial equipment and maintenance procedures.
Skills/Abilities: Well organized and able to work well independently. Able to coordinate well with others and professionally assist others as needed. Attentive to detail. Good communication, comprehension and interpersonal skills. Must to have working knowledge of computer or tablet software.
Mental: Must have the ability to understand data and carry out verbal and written instructions.
Licensure: Valid driver's license and able to meet National Church Residences' motor vehicle policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website