Myrtle Beach Manor is a beautiful community in Myrtle Beach, SC, with more than 150 units offering assisted living, Alzheimer's care, and skilled nursing care.
At this time, we are seeking a Social Services Director to join our team!
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the social service programs.
- Meet with residents and families upon admission.
- Conduct and document a psychosocial history and assessment, identifying resident problems/needs.
- Provide/arrange for social work services.
- Communicate with resident's family re: resident needs, transfers, discharge and changes in level of care, and financial responsibility.
- Maintains a current list of community resources to facilitate referrals, for residents in the facility, and at time of discharge.
- Attends interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Coordinates discharge planning and family meetings.
- Provides advocacy services to residents.
- Reviews and develops a plan of correction for social service deficiencies and provide a written copy of such to the administrator.
- Reviews departmental complaints/grievances from residents/families etc. and provide reports to the administrator indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint per Five Star policies and procedures.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelors degree in Social Work or a related field preferred
- Current Social Work license or certification as required by state regulation.
- Working knowledge and basic competency with a personal computer and basic software applications used in job functions such as Microsoft Word.
- Demonstrated leadership skills applicable to a role in an organization such as a long term care facility.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply professional standards of social work practice in job situations.
- Current knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that apply to the practice of social work in long -term care.
Our Core Values
- We Put People First
- We Act With Integrity
- We Mind the Business
- We Listen, Then Act Decisively
- We Work to be Our Best
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.EEOC Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Apply on company website