The focus of this job as a Trauma Sales Representative, you will work with a high degree of intensity and commitment to selling Arthrex Trauma products that meet our customers' needs and achieving results that are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and its strategic goals. The initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, is the key to achieving the performance objectives of this job. Because environmental and organizational conditions change rapidly, the work involves innovation and creativity in generating ideas for a quick response. Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions. The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Your knowledge not only of your own products but of competitors' offerings, builds credibility with surgeons. Building trust in you to provide advice and training on products and tools used to save lives. As a Trauma Sales Representative who does what is necessary and live out your mission to change lives by selling Arthrex products, helping surgeons treat their patients better.
Self-assurance and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. A leadership style that is firm and goal-oriented, and yet motivates, trains, and engages others in an enthusiastic way is important. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised, and persuasive communication style. Because the pace of the work is faster than average, the ability to learn quickly and thoroughly while continually recognizing and adapting to changing conditions is critical. The scope of the job may require the effective delegation to proven people. Especially routine and repetitive details should be delegated but with responsibility for follow up and accountability for timely results. While the job requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency, and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the business, and high standards of achievement are expected in this position. The emphasis is on results and effective systems that achieve results through and with people, rather than on the details of implementation. The job environment is flexible, constantly changing, and provides growth opportunities, recognition, and reward for the achievement of business results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with a high degree of intensity and commitment to selling ArthrexTrauma products that meet our customers' needs.
- Responsible for becoming the resident trauma expert as you work with a sophisticated audience of surgeons and healthcare professionals.
- Organize your materials and sort possible solutions quickly during operating/emergency room consultations.
- Take great pride in meticulously managing and maintaining your inventory of products and are prepared to assist a customer whenever the need arises.
- Primarily responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives for the territory. Represent (MVP Orthopedics), an independent agency authorized to sell Arthrex products, by working with a sophisticated audience comprised of surgeons and healthcare professionals. Arthrex is a world-class leader in the orthopedic industry.
- Increase territory results by building and maintaining strong business relationships, and by developing and implementing sales strategies.
- Communicate with current and new customer accounts regarding a variety of topics, including product updates, changes to product portfolio, and educational programs.
- Implement new sales plans and effective marketing strategies to position the organization competitively and to meet/exceed territory objectives.
- Identify the needs of new prospects and develop appropriate responses (written, telephone, and face-to-face).
- Cross-sell additional products or manage new product introductions as they become available.
- Address any problems that arise at the account.
- Support compliance and the principles of responsibility by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information; protecting the assets of the organization; acting with ethics and integrity; reporting non-compliance; and adhering to applicable federal, state & local laws and regulations, accreditation & licenser requirements, and Company policies & procedures.
- Work with Sales Manager by receiving coaching, training or mentoring; transfer knowledge to peer Sales Representatives and to Sales Associates when needed.
- Maintain training in sales skills, product features/benefits, and other critical business applications.
- Collect competitive data and remain current on industry, customer, and competitive trends.
- Participate in and attend sales meetings and professional association meetings outside of regular business hours, as required.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2 years of sales experience (medical sales preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to relate to customers and constituents within the orthopedic trauma market
- Experience as an associate in the orthopedic industry is a plus.
- Must be comfortable in surgery/operating room environments.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Strong public speaking and communication skills are required.
- A strong sense of urgency is important.
- Ability to create an effective business plan (30/60/90)
- Commissioned driven individual.
- Understanding of a 1099 Contract/Contractor
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- Current Driver's license
- Access to your own transportation
Please complete our behavioral assessment here before submitting your application, otherwise your application will not be considered. https://assess.predictiveindex.com/oi/mvp45F0DE
Apply on company website