Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and Economic & Social Development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for over 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly-growing, innovative and competitive company.
We provide discounted/free meals, employee of the month/year. Officers are eligible for monthly and referral bonuses!
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER POSITION
Responsible for the custody and discipline of inmates in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction (ODRC) directives.
1. Search for contraband and provide security.
2. Count, feed and supervise inmates in housing, work and other areas.
3. Provide custody and security of inmates including observation of inmates
4. Perform security of various assigned areas.
5. Read, review and properly apply information found in inmate records which is related to the inmates' health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
6. Prepare and maintain records, forms and reports.
7. Perform specific duties if assigned to the following areas: commissary, property, transportation, recreation, mail room, laundry, visitation, booking, mobile patrol, main control, housing, administration, segregation and intake.
8. If assigned to the food services area, assist in instructing inmates assigned to food services in the safe, hygienic method of preparing and serving appetizing and well-proportioned meals.
9. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
10. Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
*Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Valid driver's license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete 200 hours of pre-service training including firearms and unarmed self-defense courses. Training and development required to remain in the classification after employment includes annual re-qualification in the use of firearms and the successful completion of unarmed self defense training.
MTC is an equal opportunity employer
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website