Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 8115
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Customer Care / Contact Centre
Work Location : Elkhart, IN (Whse)
State or Province : Indiana (US-IN)
Potential Work Location : United States : Indiana : Elkhart
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The position of Customer Care Representative – Omnichannel, delivers effortless, personalized and profitable customer experiences in a contact center environment using various inbound interaction types.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers inbound sales and service customer calls and emails to process orders, troubleshoot issues, complete returns, collaborate with vendors to source products, make product recommendations and provide general web support with a focus on increasing sales through upselling.
- Responsible for proficiency in required MSC processes and applications relevant to the Customer Care Omnichannel role.
- Effectively manages customer interactions including inbound calls and email communications.
- Utilizes various systems (including but not limited to the MSC website, AS400, WebSOE, Salesforce, Oceana & Vendor Websites) & collaborate with other departments to identify and address the customers stated and unstated product & service needs.
- Provides effortless customer experiences regardless of the chosen modality related to products, services and pricing.
- Troubleshoots and resolves customer issues & concerns (including but not limited to billing, credits, returns, payments, sourcing, pricing, availability, product recommendations & account related questions) using the most efficient and cost-effective resources and processes.
- Delivers customer service in accordance with MSC quality standards to ensure customer satisfaction, account retention and revenue growth.
- Consistently expand sales, service and product knowledge using MSC's training offerings.
- Adopts and exhibits MSC Culture to ensure the fulfillment of MSC's vision and purpose.
- Communicates customer issues and trends to leadership to ensure timely resolution and improvements in the customer overall experience.
- Achieves the goal expectations of the role, including but not limited to quality, sales, quote conversion, upselling & productivity measurements.
- Conducts extensive follow-up through the utilization of a ticket management system to ensure accuracy and timely resolution to customer inquiries.
- Drives the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC's vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Demonstrated sales skills desired.
- Proficiency in systems used by the Representative, Customer Care - Omnichannel role, such as as/400, Oceana and the MSC website required.
- Excellent communication skills required including the ability to speak and write standard business English required.
- Bilingual ability (Spanish or French) desired.
- General knowledge of the industrial supply industry desired.
- Demonstrates acceptable proficiency in all MSC's required competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Drives Collaboration
- Develops Talent
- Communicates Effectively
- Instills Trust
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website