Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 4887
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Warehouse / Distribution
Work Location : Harrisburg, PA (Whse)
State or Province : Pennsylvania (US-PA)
Potential Work Location : United States : Pennsylvania : Harrisburg
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership, direction and motivation to the management team to successfully and effectively work to accomplish operational goals and ensure optimum performance of the CFC.
- Directs managers, line supervisors and associates in the performance of the day-to-day operations of the Customer Fulfillment Center.
- Delegates responsibilities between department managers to achieve optimal operating results and continuous improvement.
- Has input on the Customer Fulfillment Centers budget, ensures adherence to the budget, and takes corrective action as required. Strives for cost per line improvements in all operations with a focus on productivity gains and error reduction.
- Monitors warehouse performance towards corporate goals. Analyzes results and initiates appropriate action to achieve goals.
- Develops cross-functional relationships external to the CFC to achieve goals and identify improvement opportunities.
- Directs efforts to improve profitability through cost reduction, cost avoidance and process improvement/loss prevention.
- Directs regular staff meetings to ensure communication of strategy and resolution of issues.
- Manages significant cross-functional projects to ensure goals and timelines are met.
- Manages CFC inventory and ensures that all checks and balances are in place and operational to ensure inventory integrity/loss prevention.
- Shares “best practices” with other CFC's.
- Performs all duties inherent in the role of an MSC Manger as defined by the MSC Code of Conduct including hiring, termination, review and development of associates.
- Drives the MSC Culture in the CFC and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC's mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or the equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of five years experience in distribution center management including direct management of staff is required.
- Excellent leadership, analytical, mathematical, computer and organizational skills required.
- Strong distribution, warehousing and materials handling background required.
- Knowledge of budgeting and staffing analysis required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Bending to lift items from the floor and racks required.
- Lifting items between 25 and 50 pounds required.
- Ability to operate at heights up to 50 feet required.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time required.
- Position may require a valid states driver's license.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website