Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 4980
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Warehouse / Distribution
Work Location : Atlanta, GA (Whse)
State or Province : Georgia (US-GA)
Potential Work Location : United States : Georgia : Atlanta
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains, inspects, repairs and services MHE equipment (primarily Raymond, Crown & Hyser) within manufacturers guidelines and specifications.
- Understands and performs work on assigned material handling equipment for operation.
- Performs necessary repairs and adjustments.
- Performs additional maintenance duties as necessary.
- Supports the Safety Culture by following established SOP's.
- Engages in the local Safety Culture through safety team support and offering safety suggestions.
- Assists department supervisors in identifying risk to associates or the business and mitigate those risks.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure MSC's unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC's mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required.
- Minimum of two years of job related experience required.
- Two years working knowledge of material handling equipment and systems diagnostics related to general repair and operation of equipment required.
- Must comply with disposal of DOT regulated items where required.
- Basic computer literacy (Excel/Word) required.
- Must obtain MSC license to drive warehouse vehicles within specified time requirements.
- Working knowledge and experience of conveyor systems and controls, plumbing and HVAC a plus.
- Bending to lift items from the floor and racks required.
- Ability to lift items of up to 75 pounds required.
- Ability to operate at heights of up to 50 feet required.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time required.
- A valid state driver's license is required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website