AIS is a leading production fastener company in the Midwest, providing MSC a solid growth platform for expansion in the OEM fasteners market and complements our fastener and VMI solutions, as well as our core metalworking and MRO business. Come join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 4399
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Sales / Business Development
Work Location : New Brighton, MN (AIS)
State or Province : Minnesota (US-MN)
Potential Work Location : United States : Minnesota : New Brighton
The Regional Sales Director works with their direct manager on the execution of strategic initiatives, communication and implementing plans to develop a region and team. They will ensure maximum market growth and the creation/fostering of a high growth environment. Develops and directs Regional Sales team within assigned region to maximize utilization of market potential and ensure the achievement of corporate goals.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives interactive communication within the region to ensure proper information is disseminated correctly and feedback and mentoring is a continuous part of the communication within the region.
- Develops and implements plans to attract, retain, and develop associates in sales and sales management throughout the zone.
- Drives the AIS culture in the regional and throughout the company to ensure unity of vision and fulfillment of AIS's Mission
- Responsible for: pipeline management, TDF management (CRM) and regional territory coverage.
- Provides leadership to Sellers in all phases of management and AIS culture throughout their region(s).
- Ensures maximum market growth through creating a high growth environment.
- Collaborates with SVP of Field Sales on identifying field sales challenges, cross functional gaps, communication rollout and change management processes of all AIS projects and initiatives.
- Develops and directs Sales team within assigned region to maximize utilization of market potential and ensure the achievement of corporate goals.
- Uses internal and external resources to analyze and assess region market potential, under direction of the SVP Field Sales, creating strategic plans, to maximize profits while minimizing expenses and achieving regional sales/profit goals.
- Proactively identifies customer needs and drives team to selling appropriate solutions.
- Assist and participate in the review process with top accounts
- Actively assist sellers in closing new deals
- Participates/encourages/drives quality assessment, profitability, and improvement activities.
- Reviews sales reporting to ensure the availability of relevant data to maximize utilization of region on potential and meeting corporate sales goals.
- Identifies and participates in the development and implementation of new value adds for the company.
- Develops and tailors' regions strategy in alignment with and to enhance AIS corporate marketing strategy.
- Ensures all AIS market channels are fully utilized in the region.
- Develops and Maintains vendor relations to enhance AIS goodwill/name recognition.
- Manages the implementation of plans to increase market share within the region.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business preferred
- Minimum of seven years of experience with business to business sales experience with customized or engineered products required.
- Minimum of five years managing and supervising a team of a sales team required.
- Proficient in utilizing various sales techniques
- Strong knowledge of managing a sales pipeline and sales cycles
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM software.
- Self-motivated and driven professional
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% to visit customer/clients in specified territories.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works.
MSC Industrial Supply Co. is a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Apply on company website