Posted Date: Nov 24, 2020
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.Job Summary
A Traveling Café Manager provides support in new healthcare account openings across a specific geographic region of the US and is a 100% traveling position for the first 6-9 months; followed by placement in a permanent position The position entails assisting the Director of Dining Services ensuring the standards of excellence are met, supervising staff, and supporting the director with financial responsibilities such as ordering and inventory cost controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will help to optimize the café/retail area, setup processes and ensure the café adheres to all brand standards.
- You may be responsible for supervising front line (hourly) employees and assisting with employee training and scheduling of hourly staff.
- You will work with the Executive Chef to ensure Morrison Retail Standards are in place (Front of the House), including schedule Promotions such as Limited Time Offers.
- The Traveling Café Manager will report to the, Senior Director of Retail, and work closely with the Field Marketing Manager team to provide retail solutions for regional needs.
- During this role the Traveling Café Manager will train on various programs and systems used by Morrison to support client and business needs.
- After a rotation of 6-9 months, the ideal candidate will either be placed into a full time Retail Manager role or apply for Field Marketing Manager Position.
- Culinary Arts Degree from a recognized culinary school, or a Bachelor of Science Degree in Hospitality Management
- Two years of progressive food service management experience is desirable and may replace the above-mentioned degrees
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions given in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Participate in staff development and professional programs as appropriate
- Participates in meetings where department goals are established and implements assigned action plan to achieve expected outcomes
- Must be experienced with programs like Microsoft Office, and Outlook
- Must be willing to participate in patient satisfaction programs/activities
- Must complete ServSafe certification within one year of hire
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 435466
Apply on company website