Posted Date: Nov 15, 2019
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.Job Summary
Location: San Leandro, CA and the surrounding area
Working as a System Executive Chef over multiple Hospital Kitchens will allow you the opportunity to work with GREAT people like yourself! The purpose of this job is to lead culinary operations in all areas of a multi-unit operation. Insuring on-trend, efficient, safe and sanitary food production. You will be responsible for menu development, inventory, purchasing, food cost controls and staff management and development.
- Develops high culinary standards for our retail, board meals, dining and catering operations
- Trains, develops and provides inspirational leadership to local culinary team
- Leads Corporate Social Responsibility, food seasonality, health/wellness and high-quality culinary arts on campus
- Analyzes ongoing performance and trends in the local operation and devises and leads improvements
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of daily menu items and is able to explain them to customers accurately
- Culinary degree preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Services Technology/Management/or related field preferred
- Five+ years of progressive culinary or kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Experience with planning and managing catering events from a culinary perspective
- Strong leadership skills and desire to work with an industry leader
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, Email and the Internet)
- Ability to communicate on various levels including management, departmental, customer and associate
- ServSafe® Certification
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 343970
Apply on company website