Posted Date: Nov 24, 2020
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.Job Summary
Working as a Purchasing – Kitchen Manager you'll be responsible for overseeing storeroom operations while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment. You will be responsible for executing, achieving and maintaining quality and efficiency standards of the account location based on purchasing processes and expectations, while supporting organizational priorities. You may be responsible for managing the departments scheduling, discipline, and/or hiring, along with assist the Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef(s) in developing new menus, recipes, and ordering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees storeroom operations while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Ensures proper ordering, receiving, storing, and inventorying of supplies and food for patient tray line, production, retail/cafeteria service, and catering Assists with profit and loss and budgeting as it pertains to this account.
- Ensures weekly inventory is correct and there are no errors before submission
- Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef(s) in developing new menus, recipes, and ordering.
- Assists with the rollout of new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary team.
- Manages the departments scheduling, discipline, and/or hiring Works with marketing and culinary department to increase sales by innovations and food quality.
- Communicates with the culinary department to ensure the food programs reflect the vision of the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of purchasing experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training.
- Knowledge of food inventory trends with focus on operations.
- P&L accountability and contract-managed service experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of food industry purchasing strongly preferred.
- Data-entry & computer skills, detailed oriented with great organizational skills.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet.
- Serv Safe certified highly desirable
- Knowledge of hospital nutrition/food industry and/or purchasing strongly preferred.
- High volume batch cooking and complex food service operations experience is preferred.
- Possesses the ability to develop and execute plans to maximize efficiencies and organizational systems.
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Req ID: 436713
KENNETH C SCRUGGS
Apply on company website