As part of the wider site Manufacturing team, the Health & Safety/Environmental Manager will use their skills, our systems, and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Mondelez International is committed to meeting or exceeding all applicable Safety and Environmental regulations and developing and maintaining a World Class Safety culture to achieve an accident free work environment.
This position oversees the implementation of Company Safety Management systems, as well as the approach for how the Company's management systems will be executed within the facilities.
This position will provide leadership and administration to the overall program by developing an annual plan, achieving consensus and buy-in from site leadership against the plan, and actively driving the implementation of and monitoring progress against the plan and corresponding objectives.
- Responsible for managing, coordinating and overseeing implementation of all HS&E.
- Plan/budget/control annual capital budget for HS&E to ensure flawless execution, along with adherence to all internal and external compliance standards.
- Drive next level zero loss thinking and Continuous Improvement (CI) in the Safety function. Be an active part in the IL6S journey, leading the HSE Pillar in the Plant.
- Provide Safety expertise for the Plant for all new projects and change management activities. Be an integral part of the Change Management System.
- Develop performance standards and methods of accomplishing those standards. Follow up on non-conformances and develop the systems to resolve them based on root cause analysis.
- Understand relevant technical requirements in HS&E and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and company policies.
- Ensure appropriate risk assessments are conducted and follow ups implemented to minimise or eliminate accidents, asset losses that might cause harm to one of the company's employees, contractors, visitors.
- Work closely together with the Safety delegates in our departments, involving them actively in the safety work.
- Provide linkage to the Business Unit (BU), IL6S or Category function by actively participating in policy and best practice development sharing as required.
- Review performance in Health & Safety and Facilitates, implementing corrective and preventative actions where required.
- Ensure training and coaching are taking place in support of a sound to drive a safety-perfect culture and to ensure HS&E standards and awareness are well understood throughout the Plant.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Environment or Safety.
- Qualification in Health & Safety management systems.
- Training and qualification in auditing on ISO 14001 and 18001 standards.
- Qualification in applicable local Health/Safety and Environment legal compliance.
- Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels.
- Data driven.
- Experience in working cross-functionally across a manufacturing environment.
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Apply on company website