This PCM role is responsible to direct and lead the product change process for the complete category in Japan (est. 20 projects on a rolling basis). This individual interfaces extensively with vertical and horizontal levels of the region, Japan Leadership team, Marketing Lead, Finance, R&D, Legal, Consumer Insights and all functions within ISC (Procurement, Manufacturing, BD and Customer Service and Logistics), to deliver projects within the specified time, cost and quality parameters. This includes local Japan projects, cross country projects (where Japan is the lead market) and Japan projects sourced from other countries / regions.
This PCM role is responsible to ensure the proper project management, governance including approval flow and communication between global, regional and local teams, and to lead the Japan PAM meeting and drive the right discussion and escalation to enable timely decision making for the business.
- Lead cross functional teams in the development and implementation of a broad, coordinated set of projects to meet the revenue, volume, growth, productivity and quality goals and priorities of the category.
- Facilitate the definition of project scopes, goals, tasks and resource (people and cost) requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional groups; develop methods to monitor project progress and provide corrective action if necessary.
- Deliver the agreed projects in full accordance to the I2M approach.
- Manage project workflows and timelines and identify the project teams.
- Ensure that project scopes and timing take into consideration minimizing waste (raw, pack write-offs) and unwanted complexity (utilizing existing asset platforms, SKU proliferation) to the business system; champion these activities within the business and project teams.
- Ensure full Supply Chain visibility through the I2M approach.
- Ensure that suitable risk assessment and contingency planning (for relevant projects) takes place, is communicated and agreed upon by all stakeholders.
- Ensure that the contingency plan is acted upon if necessary to keep on track, accelerate or recommend even to stop the project if the business need exists.
- Manage correct distribution and input for project brief to pass validation gates (PAM/MOR).
- Act as primary contact for internal project feasibility checks in order to provide maximum information for upcoming projects and / or programs.
- Take over the leadership for E2E project implementation by involving all required Supply Chain functions
- Prepare the requirement for Japan PAM process; ensure all projects are properly documented and have been reviewed and agreed upon by all appropriate stakeholders; ensure project status' are communicated to the teams in a timely matter and maintain a category project listing of all programs.
· - Extensive change / project management knowledge.
· - Working knowledge of the supply chain and basic supply chain principles.
· - Solid understanding of internal functional roles.
· - Strong spoken and written English and native level of Japanese(Read/write/Verbal)
· - Excellent communication skills to all level of organization with influence
· - Strong business acumen
· - Minimum 5 years' experience in a consumer products environment, typically with 2 years' experience of supply chain / manufacturing / procurement / R&D / marketing / customer development / project management.
· - Lead and manage the new product development/commercialization process as project leader
· Bachelor's degree (accounting/finance, marketing, logistics, engineering, quality, food science, operations )
Apply on company website