Milhouse is seeking a Resident Engineer as a full time on-site owner's representative for Transportation Projects. This position is available due to internal growth and promotions!
Join us and grow your career today within our Program Management team. Responsibilities:
- Monitor construction work to ensure it is performed in accordance with contract plans, specifications, and within the approved schedule.
- Supervise the field inspection.
- Serve as primary contact between construction contractor and the project owner.
- Provide weekly progress reports to the project owner; review inspector daily reports and verify pay quantities.
- Review and comment on project schedules and schedule updates.
- Manage changes on the project; review independent cost estimates and provide recommendations to the owner.
- Monitor the construction contractor for conformance with safety requirements.
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30.
- Professional Engineer (PE).
- Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM).
- Candidate must be able to complete WMATA Roadway Worker Protection (RWP) Level 1 and Level 2 training.
- Limited night time work may be required.
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. was founded in 2001 with the goal of building the best engineering company in the country. It was based on the belief that if we hired great people, fueled their passion while challenging them to excel, and maintained a laser focus on the needs of your clients, success would come- and so it has. Our portfolio of successful projects continues to grow, our family of highly satisfied clients continues to expand, and our staff just gets better and better. We are a unique, Chicago-based firm whose collective passion, vision and expertise has led to phenomenal growth and being named “Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” 15 years in a row! With more than 200 talented professionals and offices across the country, Milhouse offers a dynamic work environment where there is no limit to what you can achieve if you are willing to go after it. Our people are the cornerstone of our organization, and key to our success. Join a remarkably talented team that shares a passion for what they do and a vision for improving communities around the world through innovative engineering and construction. For the fifteenth consecutive year, Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. has been selected as Chicago's 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For.
Important Notice to US Applicants Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an at-will employer. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits List: · Medical · Dental · Vision · Life Insurance · Short Term Disability Insurance · 401(k) Plan · Transit Benefits Program · Paid Time Off (PTO) · Employee Education & Development Program · Paid Holidays · Employee Referral Program · Wellness Program · Employee Recognition Program · Lunch and Learns · Milhouse University Classes (Cross Functional Training) · Higher Level Professional Development/Certification support · Paid Maternity and Paternity leave (plus incentives to support you in your first year of parenthood) Apply for this job
Apply on company website