Milhouse Engineering and Construction, Inc. has a rewarding opportunity for a highly motivated Roadway Project Engineer looking for career advancement, in our Chicago, Illinois office. This position will primarily consist of Phase I and Phase II roadway design and plan preparation for IDOT, Illinois Tollway, Cook County, CDOT, and other local agencies. This candidate should be comfortable working cross-functionally and have the ability to coordinate with other Milhouse civil disciplines and sub-consultants on projects of various scales. The Roadway Project Engineer will also provide client communications as appropriate. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of preliminary geometry, design calculations, traffic studies, and project design reports for local Phase I projects
- Preparation of plans, specifications, and cost estimates for local Phase II projects
- Lead the roadway technical delivery of projects of varying complexity from concept development through final design.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Participate in working meetings during design development with internal teams as well as sub-consultant staff to ensure consistency, thoroughness, and quality of work product.
- Oversee, mentor and review the work of junior staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
- 4-8 years of roadway design experience
- Illinois Professional Engineer (P.E) License required
- A working knowledge of Microstation, Openroads, Geopak is preferred
- Proven experience on IDOT, Illinois Tollway, Cook County, and CDOT projects is preferred
- A working knowledge of plan preparation, writing and assembling of special provisions, and construction cost estimating for IDOT and Illinois Tollway projects.
- Strong technical skills in highway design and the ability to mentor staff and review work to ensure high quality standards.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prepare memorandums, letters and reports.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant the Milhouse family culture.
Important Notice to US Applicants Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an at-will employer. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits List: · Medical · Dental · Vision · Life Insurance · Short Term Disability Insurance · 401(k) Plan · Transit Benefits Program · Paid Time Off (PTO) · Employee Education & Development Program · Paid Holidays · Employee Referral Program · Wellness Program · Employee Recognition Program · Lunch and Learns · Milhouse University Classes (Cross Functional Training) · Higher Level Professional Development/Certification support · Paid Maternity and Paternity leave (plus incentives to support you in your first year of parenthood) Apply for this job
Apply on company website