Milhouse Engineering & Construction Inc. is an Engineering and Architecture professional full service consulting firm offering a full spectrum of engineering design services including civil construction electrical environmental mechanical and structural as well as construction management services and complementary architectural services. These services are provided across multiple markets including Aviation Construction Education Energy Healthcare Transportation and Water Waste/Water. We currently have multiple Civil Engineering openings (Part-Time) within our aviation team.
Perform design on Aviation and Civil projects under the direct supervision of Milhouse Engineering and Construction (Milhouse) management. Typical design work includes site civil, drainage, stormwater management, roads and streets, runway, taxiway and underground utilities at some of the busiest airports in the US. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Establish civil engineering design standards applicable to project requirements in conjunction with project manager
- Establish drafting standards in conjunction with project manager
- Perform Phase I and Phase II engineering design to client and regulatory requirements
- Keep Milhouse management advised of all quality, schedule and budget variances in a timely manner
- Data and document entry into various platforms
- Report safety, health and quality issues to management
- Organize project design and correspondence files
- Coordinate completion of quality control reviews of reports, plans, specifications, and other deliverables in conjunction with project manager.
- Shop drawing review and disposition
- Support the Project Manager as directed
- Proficient in Microsoft Suites
- AutoCAD experience required
- Civil 3D experience preferred
- Design software including but not limited to XP SWMM, EPA SWMM, HEC-RAS, Microstation, OpenRoads, ProjectWise and BIM 360
- Active memberships in discipline specific professional organization such as ASCE;
- Four year technical degree from an ABET accredited institution
- 4 to 8 years of design experience
- EIT / FE required
- PE license preferred
The Aviation team is a collaborative and multidisciplinary group that strives for the best results daily. As a melting pot of mechanical, civil, and electrical engineers as well as architects this offers our team exposure to many different facets of engineering and the ability to see how it all comes together to support our clients. Our team prides themselves on mentorship and ensures team members are partnered with one another to foster an environment of learning and development. This team in particular likes to connect on a professional and social level; after all we spend 5 days a week at work, so a strong sense of camaraderie is important! If you want to be a part of this synergetic environment, apply today!
Here's a little information on Milhouse Engineering and Construction, Inc.:
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. was founded in 2001 with the goal of building the best engineering company in the country. It was based on the belief that if we hired great people, fueled their passion while challenging them to excel, and maintained a laser focus on the needs of your clients, success would come- and so it has. Our portfolio of successful projects continues to grow, our family of highly satisfied clients continues to expand, and our staff just gets better and better. We are a unique, Chicago-based firm whose collective passion, vision and expertise has led to phenomenal growth and being named “Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” 15 years in a row! With more than 200 talented professionals and offices across the country, Milhouse offers a dynamic work environment where there is no limit to what you can achieve if you are willing to go after it. Our people are the cornerstone of our organization, and key to our success. Join a remarkably talented team that shares a passion for what they do and a vision for improving communities around the world through innovative engineering and construction. For the fifteenth consecutive year, Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. has been selected as Chicago's 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For.
Important Notice to US Applicants Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an at-will employer. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits List: · Medical · Dental · Vision · Life Insurance · Short Term Disability Insurance · 401(k) Plan · Transit Benefits Program · Paid Time Off (PTO) · Employee Education & Development Program · Paid Holidays · Employee Referral Program · Wellness Program · Employee Recognition Program · Lunch and Learns · Milhouse University Classes (Cross Functional Training) · Higher Level Professional Development/Certification support · Paid Maternity and Paternity leave (plus incentives to support you in your first year of parenthood) Apply for this job
Apply on company website