Are you looking to thrive in a dynamic work environment? We are seeking a Highway Drainage Engineer to join our Civil - Transportation team!
Milhouse Engineering and Construction, Inc. has a rewarding opportunity for a highly motivated Highway Drainage Engineer looking for career advancement, in our Chicago, Illinois office. This position will primarily consist of Phase I and Phase II drainage design for IDOT, Illinois Tollway, Cook County, CDOT, and other local agencies. The Highway Drainage Engineer is responsible for technical work and is directly involved in hydrology and hydraulic calculations, studies, and other drainage design components. This candidate should be comfortable working cross-functionally and have the ability to coordinate with other Milhouse civil disciplines on large scale projects. The Highway Drainage Engineer will also provide client communications as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis and design of storm water facilities (open channels, culverts, storm sewers, detention basins, green infrastructure, etc.) and proposed improvement projects.
- Contributes to the preparation or modification of drainage reports, plans, permits and designs for projects.
- Manage/complete drainage components of engineering plans, specifications, and cost estimate production using client standards
- Develop hydrologic and hydraulic models of municipal storm sewer and sanitary collection systems
- Oversee, coordinate, and provide QA/QC review for work performed by others
- Communicate with clients and regulatory agencies and assists with project management duties as necessary
- Experience preparing IDOT Hydraulic Reports and Phase 1 drainage studies, including Location Drainage Studies and Location Drainage Technical Memoranda
- Experience obtaining permits related to drainage design, floodplain/floodway, and wetland impacts, including U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Section 404 and IDNR-OWR Floodway Construction permits
- HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, and HY-8 experience preferred
- Familiarity with PondPack, and/or SUDA software programs are preferred but not required.
- Microstation/Geopak capabilities with an understanding of IDOT work flow preferred
- Self-motivated requiring minimal oversight
- 4-8 years of experience in highway/municipal drainage design.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is required.
- Professional Engineer (P.E) preferred
- Proven experience on IDOT, Illinois Tollway, Cook County, and CDOT projects is preferred
Important Notice to US Applicants Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an at-will employer. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits List: · Medical · Dental · Vision · Life Insurance · Short Term Disability Insurance · 401(k) Plan · Transit Benefits Program · Paid Time Off (PTO) · Employee Education & Development Program · Paid Holidays · Employee Referral Program · Wellness Program · Employee Recognition Program · Lunch and Learns · Milhouse University Classes (Cross Functional Training) · Higher Level Professional Development/Certification support · Paid Maternity and Paternity leave (plus incentives to support you in your first year of parenthood) Apply for this job
Apply on company website