We are looking for highly organized and detail-oriented team member to support the accounting functions of our rapidly growing construction company. This position will report into the Financial Controller, the Accountant will aid the department in reviewing construction budgets, approving invoices, and ensuring that construction billings are issued to clients and payments are collected. This position will also assist the team reduce time to close, increase department efficiencies, improve internal controls and prepare and analyze key areas of the business. The role will have a focus on supporting the month end close process along with other efforts that supporting financial and management reporting for our subsidiary and affiliate companies. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply required construction accounting standards and procedures to the recording and reporting of construction activity.
- Set up jobs, budget control, subcontracts, and change orders (COs to the client and COs to our subcontractors) in accounting software.
- Prepares weekly and monthly invoices and pay app.
- Executing compliance documentation such as certified payrolls
- Process vendor & sub-contractor invoices
- Work closely with Construction Project Managers from beginning to end of project to ensure receivables and payables are handled properly and timely accounted for.
- Manage and execute credit applications.
- Understand terms in owner contracts and subcontractor contracts to ensure accuracy and timeliness of progress billings and payments.
- Manage lien waiver disbursement and collection.
- Review and approve payables weekly for payment.
- Communicate with and maintain a close working relationship with Group Leader from the construction team and external vendors and subcontractors via phone and email.
- Support field audits related to the bargaining team members.
- Maintain ERP/accounting system for construction group.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Efficiently monitor and control project financial health.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professional experience working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of several ERP / accounting platforms in the construction industry.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality.
- Ability and flexibility to work well in a group environment.
- Outstanding attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate or advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel.
- 3+ years in a construction accountant or similar role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business field.
- Construction industry experience a must.
Important Notice to US Applicants Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an at-will employer. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits List: · Medical · Dental · Vision · Life Insurance · Short Term Disability Insurance · 401(k) Plan · Transit Benefits Program · Paid Time Off (PTO) · Employee Education & Development Program · Paid Holidays · Employee Referral Program · Wellness Program · Employee Recognition Program · Lunch and Learns · Milhouse University Classes (Cross Functional Training) · Higher Level Professional Development/Certification support · Paid Maternity and Paternity leave (plus incentives to support you in your first year of parenthood) Apply for this job
Apply on company website