Perform entry level design on a large variety of projects under the direct supervision of client or Milhouse Engineering management. Typical design work includes airfield lighting, navigational aids, airfield signage and lighting control vaults, interior and exterior lighting, fire alarm systems, low voltage power distribution, motor control circuits, raceway systems, and communications systems. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and perform calculations for lighting systems
- Prepare load analysis for different stages of design
- Prepare drawings detailing system designed that meet client, airport and/or FAA requirements
- Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms
- Select equipment and fixtures for use in the building
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines
- Keep management advised and of all quality, schedule and budget variances in a timely manner.
- Shop drawing review and disposition
- Preparing project construction documents
- Assist management as directed
- 0-2 year of experience
- Four year technical degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel
- Attitude of taking independent initiate, exhibit creative problem-solving, eagerness to learn, while remaining dedicated to teamwork Required
The Aviation team is a collaborative and multidisciplinary group that strives for the best results daily. As a melting pot of mechanical, civil, and electrical engineers as well as architects this offers our team exposure to many different facets of engineering and the ability to see how it all comes together to support our clients. Our team prides themselves on mentorship and ensures team members are partnered with one another to foster an environment of learning and development. This team in particular likes to connect on a professional and social level; after all we spend 5 days a week at work, so a strong sense of camaraderie is important! If you want to be a part of this synergetic environment, apply today!
Here's a little information on Milhouse Engineering and Construction, Inc.:
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. was founded in 2001 with the goal of building the best engineering company in the country. It was based on the belief that if we hired great people, fueled their passion while challenging them to excel, and maintained a laser focus on the needs of your clients, success would come- and so it has. Our portfolio of successful projects continues to grow, our family of highly satisfied clients continues to expand, and our staff just gets better and better. We are a unique, Chicago-based firm whose collective passion, vision and expertise has led to phenomenal growth and being named “Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” 15 years in a row! With more than 200 talented professionals and offices across the country, Milhouse offers a dynamic work environment where there is no limit to what you can achieve if you are willing to go after it. Our people are the cornerstone of our organization, and key to our success. Join a remarkably talented team that shares a passion for what they do and a vision for improving communities around the world through innovative engineering and construction. For the fifteenth consecutive year, Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. has been selected as Chicago's 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For.
Important Notice to US Applicants Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an at-will employer. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits List: · Medical · Dental · Vision · Life Insurance · Short Term Disability Insurance · 401(k) Plan · Transit Benefits Program · Paid Time Off (PTO) · Employee Education & Development Program · Paid Holidays · Employee Referral Program · Wellness Program · Employee Recognition Program · Lunch and Learns · Milhouse University Classes (Cross Functional Training) · Higher Level Professional Development/Certification support · Paid Maternity and Paternity leave (plus incentives to support you in your first year of parenthood) Apply for this job
Apply on company website