MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
MedStar Georgetown's centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer, and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership
Works with MGUH patients treated in the Emergency Department (ED) to develop and implement strategies to engage patients with follow-up care with ancillary, provider or other needed outpatient services. Understand and apply MedStar financial clearance standards around eligibility for services with participating insurance plans. Position supports organizational goal of providing exceptional patient experiences through coordination and continuity of care in conjunction with departments supporting these services.
Education, Experience, and License Requirements
- Associate degree required. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Five years' experience in a medical/clinical office required and working knowledge with centralized scheduling functions. Strong written and communication skills required; must be able to work quickly and accurately.
- Proficient in medical terminology preferred.
- Previous experience with computerized registration systems and supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of IDX / GE Centricity Business preferred.
- Previous experience with an electronic health record system desired, especially GE Centricity EHR, McKesson or Aria.
- NAHAM or AAHAM certification preferred.
- Registration and Scheduling Processes
- Responsible for facilitating the registration and scheduling of follow-up appointments as instructed by the Emergency Department medical provider.
- Help through arranging visits with MedStar Georgetown University Hospital and GPG providers in conjunction with designated central scheduling personnel.
- Registers patients through SMS and/or other hospital-based patient management and care systems. Understanding of other databases used, such as IDX/GE, Amalga, HDX and Medconnect.
- Accurately and consistently scan documents necessary for all patient appointments in the MGUH systems; retrieves or reviews information as necessary.
- Delivers monthly reports demonstrating outcomes and performance of service.
- Attends required meetings, site visits and participates on committees as requested.
- Process insurance eligibility through HDX before recommending appointment follow- up to adhere to MedStar standards for participating insurance plans.
- Patient Health Records
- Responsible for ensuring staff adherence to GPG, MGUH and departmental policies and procedures for access to patient Medical Records / Electronic Health Records (MR/EHR).
- Patient Satisfaction
- Responds to patient questions and concerns regarding follow-up care and access. Escalates patient complaints or clinical concerns as outlined in Patient Access protocols. Supports organizational goals towards Common Purpose and cura personalis.
- Telecommunications and Phone Etiquette
- Demonstrates strong telecommunication skills and always displays professional courtesy and immediately attempt to establish a good rapport with the schedulers and patients
- Performs other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level; the nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all inclusive.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.","industry":"Healthcare
Apply on company website