Job Description & Requirements
Academic Nuclear Imaging Radiologist
\n The Division of Molecular Imaging and Therapeutics (MI&T) at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) seeks a nuclear medicine physician to join their top-performing program. The division offers the full scope of nuclear medicine diagnostic studies and radionuclide therapies in a nationally recognized program.
The successful candidate will have an MD or MD/PhD and a fellowship in nuclear medicine. Candidates with radiology or internal medicine residency training are encouraged to apply.
Opportunity Highlights \n\n
- Practice the full scope of nuclear medicine diagnostic studies and radionuclide therapies
- Dedicate your time to clinical nuclear medicine or take part in research and academics within a collegial, collaborative environment
- UAB offers a rapidly growing molecular imaging research program with state-of-the-art infrastructure, including GE TOF PET/MRI, a TR24 cyclotron and radio pharmacy, and a range of preclinical imaging modalities, such as PET/CT, MRI, SPECT, and BLI
- Department Faculty opportunities for those interested in clinical nuclear medicine and those with physician-scientist interest
- UAB was ranked as Forbes' Best Large Employer in the US for 2021
- Forbes lists UAB No. 4 Best Employer for Diversity
- Candidates with J1 waivers (under the Appalachian Region Commission), H1B visas, and O-1 visas are encouraged to apply
Community Highlights Live and Work in Birmingham, Alabama
Bursting with Southern charm and hospitality, Birmingham is a diverse city rich in culture with a small-town feel and a close-knit community that will let you feel at home as soon as you arrive. The city and surrounding region have something for everyone, with various events throughout the year and tremendous opportunities for families and individuals alike. \n\n
- US News ranks Birmingham as a Best Place to Live in the nation
- Benefit from affordable housing options in charming neighborhoods and a cost of living nearly 26% lower than the national average
- Experience four distinct seasons, allowing for various outdoor recreation and top-notch shops and restaurants throughout the city
- Enjoy convenient access to the mountains, the Gulf Coast, and other large metropolitan areas such as Atlanta and Nashville, as well as many Birmingham amenitiesincluding an international airport, live entertainment, arts offerings, and professional sporting events
- Seven Birmingham restaurants and chefs have received the prestigious James Beard Award
Alabamas largest city is identified by its deep historical roots as well as its place in modern America. Offering a unique blend of historical attractions and contemporary eateries, shopping and galleries, Birmingham has become a flourishing focal point of the South. Known as The Diverse City, youll find there is something for everyone in this charming Southeastern city.
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nations leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Nuclear Medicine Radiologists, Nuclear Radiologists, Nuclear Medicine, Radiology Nuclear Medicine, Nuclear Radiology, radiology,, radiology, radiologist
Apply on company website