Under the direct supervision of the Mercy Professional Care Corporation, Vice-President, the Analyst for Systems Support is responsible for acting as an Information Systems Department liaison and special resource for the ProCorp Practices. The primary purpose of the position is to enhance communication and support between the hospital and the practice staff in order to provide continuous customer satisfaction. The Analyst offers an array of technical services designed to help physicians enhance their medical practice. The Analyst acts as a technical lead to integrate technology into the practice.
• Gathers data pertaining to the medical practice computing needs and uses the information to identify, predict, interpret and evaluate system and network requirements.
• Assists in the development of annual capacity plan for future hardware and software requirements.
• Ensures coordination to other clinical systems.
• Assists in defining security procedures and maintains security system and records.
• Assists in the development of system workflow, templates and forms
• Works with Information Systems staff in development of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system enhancements. Assists with the implementation of system software upgrades
• Provides day-to-day software and hardware technical support to physicians and their staff members. Serves as the liaison between physicians and their office staff and IS.
• Works with software technical support to troubleshoot clinical software errors and repair data corruption.
• Researches new technology and makes recommendations for purchase of new software and hardware.
• Assists with providing remote access to Mercy Medical systems for physicians and their office staff.
• Works on special projects to promote the use of information technology to improve communication and enhance physician medical practices.
• Manages software training and integration enhancing administrative ability and computer proficiency. Provides individual and group instruction and training as required.
• Creates and maintains technical documentation as appropriate. Maintains inventory and purchase records.
• Maintains secure computing environment through industry standard best practices, policies and procedures. Coordinates and implements network security measures in order to protect data, software and hardware.
• Provides on-site, as well as off-site support to the private physician office, as required.
• Serves on committees, works on special projects and participates in efforts, which promote the use of information technology to improve communication and enhance physician medical practices.
• Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge.
• Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
• For Information Technology Division caregivers, ITIL Foundations certification is required within 6 months of position start date.
Complexity of Work:
• Project leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with members of the health care team and consultants. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present information to groups and provide individual instruction. Ability to work independently and solve unique system (hardware and software) issues with minimal IT support. Ability to travel off site to physician offices and residences. Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Five years client server technical support experience. Web development/administration/optimization experience preferred. Experience with Epic, Centricity, Meditech or previous experience implementing electronic medical record systems preferred.
Apply on company website