We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Reporting to the Executive Director of Support Services, the Manager will be responsible for the planning, organizing and development of operations for the Environmental Services department. Responsibilities include: Manage the Environmental Services Program to maintain the highest possible standards and good public relations with all people. Addresses specific concerns in a timely manner. Manage the hiring, evaluation and disciplining of Environmental Services coworkers on specified shift(s). Prepares work schedules and maintains adequate staffing levels. Inspects cleanliness of facilities, sanitation and infection prevention: takes corrective action where necessary. Provides supportive leadership: a feeling of trust, security and satisfaction through demonstrations of competence and willingness to serve. All departmental spaces to include environmental services supply and administrative spaces are to be kept clean and organized, all equipment clean and kept in good repair. Develops a stable competent team and encourage growth of personnel through periodic evaluation and review. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
- Education: High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Experience: Two to three years management experience to include hiring,evaluating and disciplining employees. Skilled in directing and motivating staff.
- Other: Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Must have detailed organization and prioritizing skills with the ability to train, show and follow-up on all assignments as needed. Provide effective oral and written communication skills, having the ability to work well with others at all levels. Can interpret and follow technical instructions and complete assignments.
- Preferred Education: Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Preferred Experience: Housekeeping management/supervisory experience in an institutional setting supervising a large number of employees. Healthcare experience.
- Preferred Certifications: CHESP or REH.
- Preferred Other: Full knowledge of pertinent regulatory agencies and the policies, codes, standards and regulations that apply to a hospital environmental services department. (OSHA, DOT, Joint Commission). Knowledgeable about infection prevention techniques.
**2nd Shift position**
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website