We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Interprets orders for requested exams, produces CT and diagnostic medical images, positions and transfers patients. Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis, selects and operates equipment as directed. Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards. Assists physicians in administering enhancing agents and medications. Responsible for delegated areas of authority in the performance of CT and special imaging techniques. Must be able to proficiently operate and use equipment related to all exams performed, the computerized radiology information system and office equipment. Assists within all areas of radiology as needed. Functions as a cooperative team member on weekend and evening shifts and reports personnel and procedural incidents to the Section Manager. Works in specialized areas as needed. Recommends the procurement and necessity of maintenance of equipment. May be responsible for specific areas of instruction with the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith, School of Radiography. Maintains current CPR certification and assists in performing first aid as necessary. Remains current with credentialing agency's required continuing education.Qualifications:
Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- Education: Satisfactory completion of formal Radiologic Technology training.
- Licensure: Current Arkansas Radiologic Technologist License.
- Experience: Has acquired experience and possesses capability as determined to be adequate for the position.
- Certifications: Has a Current ARRT Registry in Compliance with Continuing Education. Registry in ARRT (CT) or actively pursuing this registry. Maintain current CPR certification .
- Other: Performs duties in the manner that reflects the basic Mercy Values of love and concern for others. Demonstrates respect for others (patients, visitors, general public and fellow employees) through behavior that exhibits a willingness to be helpful, common courtesy, and friendliness; strives to be a faithful, co-operative team member; industrious in giving his/her best efforts creatively for the welfare of the patients and the medical center. Will be just, honest, and impartial in all assigned duties. Keeps information confidential.
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website