Youth Support Specialist
Primary Location: United States-NJ-NJLafayette
Function: Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us. Due to the essential services we provide as Youth Support Specialists, we continue to accept applications and fill open positions in our residential programs. Providing round-the-clock care, we have full-time and part-time schedules open with all shifts available immediately.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at New Jersey MENTOR a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
EasyApply on Indeed or Text MENTORJOBS to 97211, we have work for you!
Are You Passionate About Supporting At-Risk Youth?!
New Jersey MENTOR is looking for Youth Support Specialists (YSS) who have the talent, education, and energy to team with us on our mission of improving the lives of at-risk youth- a job with real impact!Description
Our Specialty Group Homes and community based Residential Care, are designed for youth with intensive clinical and/ or behavioral needs. We are a leader in providing caring support and intensive therapy. NJ MENTOR is looking to build our team with people who are passionate about supporting youth in our communities
Our schedules can be flexible for a primary or secondary job. If you understand that your interactions with youth provide the path for a better future, we would like to speak with you.
What we ask of you:
· Orient youth within our NJ MENTOR program(s) by providing compassion, assistance with individual plans and supervision
· Provide guidance to each youth/teen in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration and/or job skills development
· Establish a therapeutic relationship focused on building relationships, direct support and service delivery
· Coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as light housekeeping, meal preparation and life skills training
· Provide transportation to school, activities and appointments
· Provide thorough proper documentation and notes in collaboration with team members
Apply on company website