Staff Recruitment Specialist
Primary Location: United States-FL-FLJacksonville
Function: Human Resources
Due to the ongoing public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, our employees, and our candidates.
Recruiting our most crucial employees, our Direct Support Professionals, the caregivers who support those individuals we serve, is the core of this dynamic role. The Staff Recruitment Specialist is responsible for actively driving the recruitment and hiring of new employees to fill vacancies for programs within their respective region. This is a great opportunity to learn and hone your recruitment skills within a high-impact environment. Come join our amazing team of Recruiters in this rewarding and challenging position and be a key part of our mission!
Participate in all aspects of the hiring process including attracting and screening potential employees, hiring and orienting new employees, and working with hiring managers to fill vacancies. Ensure pre-employment verifications are complete and new employee paperwork is filed.
A major focus of this position is establishing and maintaining local recruitment efforts - community outreach, marketing activities which includes public speaking and networking in the communities in which we operate.
- Partner with operations and human resource management to develop and execute recruitment strategies as well as day-to-day tactics to attract and hire high quality candidates.
- Establish and maintain a local employment brand presence, including but not limited to job fairs, hire days, college career services, campus recruitment and partnering with other community resources; develops strategies for hard to fill positions.
- Utilize applicant tracking system, recruit employees by posting open positions on company and external websites to attract qualified applicants.
- Appropriately and accurately track candidate progress in the applicant tracking system as they progress through the hiring process.
- Monitor and report on key recruitment and retention metrics. Participate in regional meetings reporting on vacant positions, retention, overtime, and discusses action plans and recruitment strategies.
- Administer the employee referral program within assigned region.
- Ensure legal compliance in recruiting and hiring practices.
- Partner with Operations to perform recruitment activities such as screening resumes, administering phone screens, scheduling interviews and interviewing. Collaborating with Operations, prepare and extend the job offer.
- Ensure candidate qualifications are aligned with the requirements for the role and obtain the hiring manager’s approval prior to creating and sending written offer letters.
- Ensure Network and funder required pre-employment verifications are completed including employee background checks, driver’s license checks, state registry and other required checks.
- Ensure applicant reference checks are completed and alert the hiring manager and Human Resources if there are concerns.
- Assemble initial employee file including new hire paperwork, background checks and other required information.
- Verify that all required information is collected and included in the employee file.
- Maintain confidentiality and confidential documents.
- Ensure purchasing cards and computer equipment are ordered prior to employee start date, as applicable.
- Coordinate logistics and conduct new employee orientation/on-boarding programs, which includes reviewing employee policies and procedures, initial orientation to the company and use of the employee portal.
- Ensure the proper completion of new hire paperwork, I-9 and employee portal activities.
- When approved in larger regions, supervise Staff Recruitment Coordinators, including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training.
- Make recommendations for decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions.
Apply on company website