Primary Location: United States-CA-CAClaremont
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at California MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
OUR MISSION AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
The MENTOR Network is a mission-based organization dedicated to providing high quality services to those we serve. Therefore, to deliver on our mission, The Network expects every employee to perform his or her job first and foremost in accordance with the Company’s mission.
Under the supervision of the Respiratory Therapy Supervisor the Respiratory Care Practitioner delivers direct respiratory care to subacute care patients as assigned. The therapist plans, implements and evaluates the effectiveness of respiratory care provided at the Children’s Recovery Center. The Respiratory Therapist acts as resource person to other therapists, nurses and physicians regarding the respiratory care of patients in their assigned area. Participates in clinical in-service education and training concerning respiratory care policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Provides direct patient care respiratory services as assigned.
- Coordinates and monitors patient care according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Sets up, adjusts and manages patients on continuous mechanical ventilation which includes maintenance of airway patency, auctioning, stabilizing trach tubes, monitoring cuff pressures, etc. ensuring ventilators are delivering proper volume, mode of ventilation, pressures, respiratory rates and oxygen concentration. When indicated, weans patients from continuous ventilation according to established procedures.
- Documents all therapeutic and diagnostic activities and results in the patient’s medical record including but not limited to: date, time and duration of therapy medications administered, power source, supplemental O2 (if any), heart and respiratory rate, breath sounds, description of sputum production and cough, complications or adverse effects (if any) response to therapy and general observations.
- Assesses the appropriateness of respiratory care ordered and discusses variances with primary physician when necessary.
- Formulates an appropriate Respiratory Care plan based upon patient assessment.
- Monitors and identifies problem regarding quality assurance.
- Communicate effectively with all physicians utilizing respiratory care services in clinical area.
- Participates in patient rounds in designated clinical area and serves as respiratory care resource person to other members of the health-care team. Communicates changes in the respiratory care plan with other healthcare team members.
- Explains treatment procedures to patients and/or family members to allay fears and elicit cooperation and ensures patient education regarding the pulmonary system.
- Participates in meetings and conferences designated to expedite and improve delivery of respiratory care.
- Proposes, develops, and helps implement techniques, methodology, and treatment modalities related to respiratory care. Assists in development of new clinical procedures in designate area.
- Performs emergency and acute Respiratory Care procedures in accordance with service policy and procedures.
- Responds to all cardiopulmonary arrest and performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation and airway care as needed.
- Identifies the need for development of improved documentation forms.
- Identifies problem areas regarding departmental, staff and patient safety.
- Performs peer review of other therapists working in area of responsibility.
- Provides input to supervisor regarding staffing, equipment, and supply needs.
- Assembles, checks and corrects malfunctions and performs quality controls on respiratory care equipment.
- Maintains clinical and professional competency based upon established standards of
Apply on company website