Program Services Clinical Coordinator
Primary Location: MA-MATaunton-350 Myles Standish Blvd
Function: Program Services Coordination/Case Management
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at Massachusetts MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, mental health and medical needs of all ages.
As a Program Services Coordinator with MA MENTOR Adult Services, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports individuals we serve in Shared Living/Adult Foster Care settings in the greater Taunton MA area. We seek a passionate Case Manager who can successfully implement and monitor individual service plans. In this role you will provide case management services for the individuals we serve in our Shared Living/Adult Foster Care Program with the support of your Program Director. Provide support and oversight to the Shared Living/Adult Foster Care provider (Mentor). Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with MA MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
• Assist in the development of quality services and engaging activities that meet the individuals needs
• Conducts home visits bases on individual need and completes progress notes
• Completes individual support plan updates
• Identifies needed changes and emergent needs on an ongoing basis
• Plans and coordinates the delivery of services to achieve program, organization and outcomes for the person receiving services
• Oversees the implementation of the Individual Service Plan (ISP); ensures on-going communication with planning team
• Builds and maintains relationships with families and external case managers
• Works with Program Director to oversee and provide consumer care and supervision, as needed
• Provide on call coverage for caseload and participates in rotational emergency coverage and crisis intervention support
• Assists with transporting individuals as necessary and supporting team members.
• Flexibility with work location• Spanish speaking preferred but not required
If you have leadership experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
Apply on company website