Family Centered Clinician
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAHemet
Function: Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at California MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here.
California MENTOR’s Family Support Services provides intensive coordination and family support to Riverside County, (known as intensive Outpatient services), to youth who have been or are at-risk of being referred to an out-of-home placement. The goal of the Family Support Clinician in the intensive Outpatient mental health program is to enhance the youth and family’s well-being by keeping the youth in their home and community, all the while, promoting self-advocacy.
We seek a passionate leader who can successfully provide service or treatment plans that are based on an effective assessment of client needs and practical suggestions for change, for the families we support in the community of Riverside, and its surrounding areas. This position will also provide 24/7 on-call support for all assigned families, while also building and maintaining positive relationships with personnel from referring/ collateral agencies. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Provides individualized services through a treatment plan that is based on an effective assessment of client needs and practical suggestions for change. Provides 24/7 on-call support for all assigned families Builds and maintains positive relationships with personnel from referring/ collateral agencies. The position is located in Riverside, CA and will serve the Western region of Riverside County, which includes and is not limited to: Riverside, Jurupa Valley, Moreno Valley, Corona, Norco, Mira Loma, and other surrounding unincorporated areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
• Provides 24/7 coverage for all assigned clients/families.
• Provides assessments in the areas of mental status, personality, behavioral response patterns, relationships, and family interactions.
• Proposes a service or treatment plan based on assessment of needs and makes practical suggestions for change.
• Provides activity and participation based interventions and approaches developed from training materials, experience, families’ successes, and peers.
• Learn, utilize, and become certified in Family Centered Treatment®, a family based Evidence Based Practice.
• May work with Parent Partners and/or Youth Peer Partners on cases.
• Makes referrals to services and resources on behalf of families.
• Builds and maintains positive relationships with personnel from referring/ collateral agencies. Provides guidance for the family in their interaction with referring agencies, and other community organizations as needed.
• Assures that documentation and records are kept confidential, organized, and complete and submitted to supervisor in an accurate and timely manner.
• Participates in team meetings with peers and in collateral team meeting when needed. Supports peer development by addressing areas of concern for professional development and team performance issues.
• Provides a closure and aftercare plan for each family/client.
• May provide training or field supervision of new or tenured peers; review and edit peer records and documentation, marketing and education presentations; training and development for the region or team meetings,
• Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Apply on company website