At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Respiratory Care Practitioner II is an advanced beginner starting to integrate respiratory technical skills and theoretical knowledge to meet the needs of the patient and family. He/she recognizes his/her own limitations and seeks assistance as appropriate. The RCP II is a competent practitioner in the diagnostic and therapeutic procedures designed to evaluate, stabilize, prevent or remedy patient cardio-pulmonary problems. He/she relies on standards, policies and procedures to determine which aspects of a situation are important and which can be ignored. The competent RCP II is developing skills for setting priorities, developing speed and flexibility. Competence is characterized by a feeling of mastery, of feeling in charge of the many situations presented in a daily clinical assignment, and the ability to cope with and manage the changes in the patient's condition.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Provides efficient patient care in emergent and non-emergent situations by administering medication, performing therapeutic/diagnostic interventions all in accordance with Respiratory Care Services policies and procedures. Acts as a clinical resource to other Respiratory Care Practitioners and house staff on an as needed basis.
- Provides diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to evaluate patients by using equipment appropriately in the delivery of patient care. Constantly decontaminates equipment and supplies within the department according to department policies and procedures.
- Assists in implementation of plan for teaching patient/family/significant other knowledge and skills essential for managing illness.
- Actively identifies patients with healthcare associated infections by applying infection control policies and procedures consistently, including effective hand hygiene and utilizing personal protective equipment
- Identifies and reports problems through department specific channels to assist with the resolution of problems. Participates in department-specific performance improvement projects.
- Performs accurate and timely documentation and billing for all interventions in the patient's medical record consistent with scientific principle, standards of respiratory care practice and hospital policy.
- Performs skills at 80% proficient and 20% novice. Validation of these competencies will be by direct observation, simulation or training.
- Acts as preceptor to new staff and validates new staff competency. Acts as relief coordinator or team leader on an as needed basis.
Apply on company website