Purpose Statement / Position Summary
The Senior Payroll Analyst at the Payroll Service Center possesses a solid background in payroll processing activities. This individual performs the payroll processing function; including but not limited to, entry and maintenance of time keeping edits, adjustments, voluntary deductions, involuntary deductions, review/analysis of applicable payroll reports, handling and filing 940, 941, schedule B, DE9, amended tax returns on a quarterly/ and or yearly basis.
Additionally, the Senior Payroll Analyst assists the Payroll Manager in providing guidance to Payroll staff and performs some of the more complex payroll functions. This position, in general, is responsible for daily payroll processing functions and is a key contact for facility personnel (based on assigned facilities) and is a resource to Payroll staff.
The Senior Payroll Analyst performs and supervises all activities necessary to processing 9 separate tax companies for over 11,000 employees, two union groups, and the Physicians group every two weeks ensuring that established deadlines are met through coordinating the flow of work by payroll staff employees.
Responsibilities of the Job
- Ability to adhere to multiple payroll policies and procedures to assure that deadlines are met, and legal requirements and hospital policies are observed. Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems; including strong understanding of internal controls within a consolidated payroll processing environment.
- Serve as resource to employees regarding compliance with California Wage and Hour Law. Ability to translate payroll & compensation terminology into terms understandable to employees.
- Communicate to Payroll Manager the level of performance by Payroll employees ongoingly to ensure department's goals are met.
- Ability to evaluate and develop recommendations and implement approved changes in the processing of payroll to assure efficient and effective operations and payroll processing. Communicates and participates in problem resolution processes.
- Provide prompt and courteous service and follow up to all requests in compliance with department procedures to ensure employee problems are handled appropriately and timely (within 24-48 hours). Facilitates strong customer service relationships.
- Responsible for handling quarterly and annual tax filings, including W2 forms.
- Working knowledge of existing payroll processing software (PeopleSoft) and the MTM (API) Time and Attendance system.
- Ability to complete simple to moderate spreadsheets using PeopleSoft and Microsoft excel.
- Prepare and balance all payrolls and send data to banks, accounting, and other vendors.
- Monitor the day to day time and attendance activity, ensuring timely response and compliance with controls while meeting customer needs and department goals.
- Completes some of the more complex payroll functions; including, ensuring that payroll files have been generated and transmitted for assigned facilities, adheres to Payroll Service Center internal control processes; including payroll balancing procedures. Prepare and balance all payrolls and send data to banks, accounting, and other vendors.
- Reconcile YTD Federal and State Tax Information on a bi-weekly basis.
- Reconcile and remit bi-weekly and quarterly State and Federal taxes.
- File State and Federal forms 940, 941, Schedule B, DE9, Amended tax returns, etc. on a quarterly and/or year-end basis.
- Handle 990 Requests for calendar year, fiscal year and date ranged requests.
- Reconcile/balance 401k, 401k Loans, 403b, 457 and MRP Employee Contributions and submit ACH's for these vendors.
Apply on company website